PROCEDURE FOR PROVIDERSHIP OF
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
Continuing Medical Education consists of educational activities which serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, competence, professional performance, and improve patient outcomes, and relationships that a physician has to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession. The content of CME is that body of knowledge and skills generally recognized and accepted by the profession as within the basic medical sciences, the discipline of clinical medicine, and the provision of health care to the public.
As an accredited provider, Office of CME at Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University is committed to presenting quality CME activities that promote improvements in the quality of healthcare. Our goal is to present these activities with the highest of academic integrity and free of commercial bias. The policies, samples and forms section on this website were developed to ensure that all programs are independent of the control of commercial interests.
FOR REVIEW PRIOR TO CME ACTIVITY:
- Submit completed application, via e-mail attachment, fax or interoffice mail to the CME Office.
- Questions on the form address ACCME Essentials and Criteria and the Standards for Commercial Support requirements.
- Append to the application form (or submit as received prior to the activity) all planning committee and faculty disclosure forms as well as the plan for how this information will be disclosed to activity participants and how any conflicts of those in control of content will be resolved prior to the activity. The OCME can provide assistance in conflict resolution.
- If there should be commercial support of this program, letters of agreement with all commercial supporters of the activity must be submitted prior to the activity to the OCME for signature as the accredited CME provider.
- A draft of all flyers or other announcements about the activity must be submitted to the OCME for review prior to distribution to potential participants,
- The OCME will determine and approve the total number of credits awarded. The name of the Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University must be clearly identified as the ACCME accredited provider on all promotional materials and on the printed program of a provided activity. Indication that credits have been applied for is not acceptable. The following certification statement, identifying the approved credits, must appear on brochures and announcements for all activities approved by the OCME.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION CREDITS
Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University designates this live activity for a maximum of XX AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you encounter any problems, call (631) 444-2094 for assistance.