Request for Proposals
The Miriam and David Donoho Academy of Clinical and Educational Scholars is seeking proposals that will facilitate educational scholarship in the School of Medicine. Preference will be given to research projects related to service learning or interprofessional learning involving a health problem in the surrounding community.
Submission Deadline: Final Proposals due Friday July 15, 2021
Grant term: September, 1 2021 – August 31, 2023
- Face Page. A face page must be included with the title of the proposal, the name of the Principal Investigator, the contact information for the Principal Investigator (email address, local work address and phone number), the associated faculty members and department affiliations.
- Mentoring Plan. A paragraph that describes the role of a trainee (medical student or resident) in the research project and a brief mentoring plan.
- NIH Biosketch of the applicant.
- Research Proposal. The research proposal must be no longer than 5 pages in length and include the following:
- Significance/Impact and Innovation
- Approach (with data analysis plan)
- Timeline (up to 2 years)
- Budget (allowable costs include a trainee stipend)
Proposal Evaluation and Selection
- Evaluation of each proposal will be done by a peer review committee and will be based on the following criteria:
- Clear objectives and outcomes
- Significance and innovation of the proposal
- Feasibility and practicality of the proposal
- Consideration of medical student or resident involvement and mentoring plan
- Use of service learning to solve a problem in the surrounding community (recommended)
- Interdisciplinary team of faculty leaders (recommended)
Information on all successful proposals will be provided by August 20th, 2021 with anticipated implementation in AY 2021-22. All proposals must be submitted to the Office for Faculty Affairs
Assistance from the Dean's Office
Please contact Dr. Jeff Swain (William.Swain@stonybrookmedicine.edu) for questions about developing your proposal.