Felicia D. Allard, MD
Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Pathology & Cytopathology
University Hospital, Level 2
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-7025
Dr. Allard is board certified in Cytopathology and Anatomic & Clinical Pathology.
Institution and Location
|Degree||Year||Field of Study|
|University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Aurora, CO||M.D.||2009|
|Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO||B.A.||2004||Philosophy|
|2015-16||Clinical Fellowship, Cytopathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA|
|2014-15||Clinical Fellowship, Gastrointestinal & Hepatobiliary Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2010-14||Residency, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2009-10||Internship, Internal Medicine, Roger Williams Medical Center, Boston University Providence, RI|
|Awards and Honors:|
|2019-Present||Editorial Board, American Journal of Clinical Pathology|
|2019-Present||Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of the American Society of Cytopathology|
|2019-Present||Ad Hoc Reviewer, Head and Neck|
|2018||Dean’s Teaching Award, UAMS Department of Pathology|
|2016||Best Clinical Platform Presentation, University of Virginia Department of
Pathology, Annual Research Day
|2013||Intersociety Council for Pathology Information Trainee Award|
|Positions and Employment|
|2020-Present||Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY|
|2018-20||Anatomic Pathology Education Director, Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR|
|2018-20||Director: Sub-Fellowship Elective Rotation, Department of Pathology,
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
|2017-20||Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Little Rock, AR|
|2016-17||Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK|
|2014||Lab Instructor, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA|
|2014||Lecturer, Colorado State University, Center for Advising and Student Achievement, Fort Collins, CO|
1) Vazquez J, Clemens M, Allard F, Yee E, Kennon-McGill S, Mackintosh S, Jaeschke H, Hambuchen M, McGill M. "Identification of Serum Biomarkers to Distinguish Hazardous and Benign Aminotransferase Elevations." Toxicol Sci. 2019 Oct 25. pii: kfz222; Epub ahead of print. PMID: 31651977.
2) Osterman MT, Gordon IO, Davis EM, Ciorba M, Glover SC, Abraham B, Khan F, Guo X, Yee E, Allard FD, Claggett B, Shen B, Liu JJ. "Mucosal Biomarker of Innate Immune Activation Predicts Response to Vedolizumab in Crohn's Disease." Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2019 Sep 25. pii: izz222; Epub ahead of print. PMID: 31553433.
3) Emamian S; Fox MG; Boatman D; Allard FD; Nacey NC. “Spinal blastomycosis: unusual musculoskeletal presentation with literature review.” Skeletal Radiol; e-published May 2019. PMID: 31139922.
4) Allard, F; Stelow, E. “Review of Drug Induced Injury in Mucosal Biopsies from the Tubular Gastrointestinal Tract.” Adv Anat Pathol,May 2019;26:151–170; e-published March 2019. PMID: 30870181.
5) Allard, F; Bell, D; Stelow, E. “Cytopathologic Features of SMARCB1 (INI-1)-deficient Sinonasal Carcinoma.” Cancer Cytopathology, May 2018. PMID: 29797680.
6) Allard, F; Goldsmith, J; Ayata, G; Challies, T; Najarian, R; Nasser, I; Wang, H; Yee, E. “Intraobserver and Interobserver Variability in the Assessment of Dysplasia in Ampullary Mucosal Biopsies.” Am J Surg Pathol, May 2018. PMID: 29738360.
7) Liu, M; Yang, J; Zhang, Y; Zhou, Z; Cui, X; Fung, K; Zheng, W; Allard, F; Yee, E; Ding, K; Wu, H; Laing, Z; Zheng, L; Fernandez-Zapico, M; Li, Y; Bronze, M; Morris, K; Postier, R; Houchen, C; Yang, J; Li, M. “ZIP4 Promotes Pancreatic Cancer Progression by Repressing ZO-1 and Claudin-1 though a ZEB1-Dependent Transcriptional Mechanism.” Clin Cancer Res, April 2018. PMID: 29615456.
8) Javaid, A; Poongkunran, M; Allard, F; Kyaw, W; Maung, H; Lau, D. “Subtle presentation of active primary biliary cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B: A case report.” Gastroenterology Report, February 2016, 1-4. PMID: 26893441.
9) Alessandrino, F; Allard, F; Mortele, K. “Ciliated Pancreatic Foregut Cyst: MRI, EUS and Cytologic Features.” Clinical Imaging. Jan-Feb 2016;40(1):140-3. PMID 26526788.
Felicia D. Allard, MD8
10) Sahi, K; Lee, K; Moss, A; Yee, E; Allard, F; Brook, A; Mortele, K. “MR Enterography of the Ileoanal Pouch: Descriptive Radiologic Analysis with Endoscopic and Pathologic Correlation.” American Journal of Roentgenol. November 2015, 205(5):W478-84. PMID: 26496569.
11) Lefebvre, D; Dhar, S.; Allard, F; Freitag, S. "External Dacryocystorhinostomy Outcomes in patients with a history of Dacryocystitis." Digital Journal of Ophthalmology, September 2015 21(3):1- 22. PMID: 27330467.
12) Thaker, A; Allard, F; Goldsmith, J; Horst, D; Smith, M; Tapper, E. “Giant Cystic Arteriovenous Malformation of the Mesentery and the Role of Cross-Sectional Imaging in Ocucult Gastrointestinal Bleeding.” American College of Gastroenterology Case Reports. April 2015, 10,2(3):158-60. PMID: 26157949.
13) Soohoo, J; Allard, F; Durairaj, V. “Major Review: Congenital Ptosis.” Survey of Ophthalmology, September 2014; 59(5):483-92. PMID 24657037.
14) Ghafouri, R; Allard, F; Migliori, M; Freitag, S. “Lower Eyelid Involutional Ectropion Repair with Lateral Tarsal Strip and Internal Retractor Reattachment with Full-Thickness Eyelid Sutures.” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, July 2014; 30(5):424-6. PMID 25025386.
15) Wang, R; Folch, E; Paul, M; Maskey, A; Allard, F; Majid, A. “The use of CP-EBUS-TBNA in diagnosis of chondrosarcoma in a patient with Maffucci syndrome.” Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, April 2014; 21(2):177-80. PMID 24739697.
16) Rabinovich, A; Allard, F; Migliori, M; Frietag, S. “Lower Eyelid Involutional Entropion Repair with Lateral Tarsal Strip and Infraciliary Rotation Sutures: Surgical Technique and Outcomes.” Orbit, June 2014; 33(3):184-8 . PMID 24660998.
17) Allard, F; Yee, E; Freitag, S. “Dacryocystitis Secondary to Intranasal Cocaine Abuse: a Case Report and Review of the Literature.” Orbit, December 2013; 32(6):405-8. PMID 23909455.
18) Shabani, M; Allard, F; Qian, Q. “Schistosomiasis.” ASCP Check Sample, April 2013, Vol 56, MB-392.
19) Allard, F; Shabani, M; Qian, Q. “Cutaneous Leishmaniasis.” ASCP Check Sample, February 2013, Vol 56, MB-391.
20) Allard, F. Durairaj, V. “Current Techniques in Surgical Correction of Congenital Ptosis.” Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology, April 2010; 17(2):129-33. PMID 20616918.
21) Allard, F; Wallace, A; Greenbaum, C. “Emerging Therapies: Going Beyond Insulin in Treating Individuals with T1DM.” Current Opinion in Endocrinology and Diabetes, July 2005, Vol. 12(4):303-308.