Tim Duong, Ph.D.
• Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Radiology
Director for MRI Research, Director of Preclinical MRI Center
Cross Appointments: Ophthalmology, Neurology and BMI
VA Research Health Scientist
Education and Positions:
- 2001-2004 TT Assistant Professor, U of Massachussett Medical School
- 2004-2008 Associate Professor, Emory University
- 2008-2016 Professor, U of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- 2016-present Professor and Vice Chair, Stony Brook University
- 2001 Post Doc, Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, U of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- 1998 Ph.D. Chemistry with focus on MRI, Washington University, St Louis,
- 1994 B.S. Physical Chemistry, and Biochemistry, SUNY Stony Brook University
- 1994-1998, NSF Predoctoral Fellow, Research Assistant, Chemistry, Washington University
- 1998, ISMRM II Rabi Young Investigator Award.
- 1998-1999, NIH NRSA F32 Postdoc Fellow, Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, U of Minnesota
- 2007, VA Career Development Award
- 2009, AHA Established Investigator Award
- 2018, ARBIR Distinguished Investigator Award
- Please click here to see a full list of articles published by Dr. Duong on PubMed.
- h-index is 46 on Scopus, and 53 on Google scholar
Our group consists MR physicists,
MR engineers, image scientists and application scientists, working
collaboratively to advance MRI technologies and their biomedical applications.
Our primary research interests are:
(1) Development of in-vivo MRI imaging technologies for studying the brain and the retina,
(2) Application of imaging technologies to study normal anatomy, physiology and function in animal models and humans, and
(3) Application of imaging technologies to study stroke, retinal degeneration and retinopathy in animal models and humans.
(4) Cancer imaging
(5) Multiple sclerosis imaging
Stony Brook Medicine
Department of Radiology
HSC Level 4, Suite 120
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8460
Lab Website: Duong Lab: https://medicine.stonybrookmedicine.edu/radiology/duong-lab
Research Overview: https://medicine.stonybrookmedicine.edu/radiology/research/overview