- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Director, Limb Salvage Center
- Site Director for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at Long Island Community Hospital
- Shahid Beheshti University (2003)
- General Surgery, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Vascular Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine
- Vascular Research, Cleveland Clinic
Affiliated Specialty Centers
- All areas of arterial and venous surgery, using both conventional surgical techniques and minimally invasive endovascular techniques
- Arterial conditions related to carotid, aortic, and lower extremity diseases
- Venous conditions including varicose veins and venous insufficiency
- Lower extremity limb salvage
- Open and Endovascular hemodialysis access procedure
Division of Vascular and
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T19-090
Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
Patient appointments: 631-638-1670
- Personal Statement
As a vascular surgeon at Stony Brook Medicine, I am committed to providing the highest quality vascular care to all my patients. My practice involves all aspects of vascular surgery, including aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections, carotid artery disease, lower extremity arterial disease, dialysis access, peripheral arterial disease, and venous disease. My research interests include aortic remodeling after acute dissection, complex endovascular aortic reconstructions, biologic endovascular and open conduits for lower extremity arterial reconstruction, and radiation exposure during endovascular interventions.
- Eastern Vascular Society Annual Meeting Travel/Mock Oral Scholarship (2016)
- The New York Society for Vascular Surgery Research Scholarship Award (2016)
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery Annual Meeting Fellows Program Travel Scholarship (2016)
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery Annual Meeting Incoming Fellows Program Travel Scholarship (2015)
- Outstanding Resident Research, Michigan Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons Annual Meeting (2014)
- D. Emericl Szilagy Michigan Vascular Prize, Michigan Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (2014)
- Alexander J. Walt Award, Michigan Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting and Resident Research Competition (2014)
- Society of Vascular Surgery Travel Scholarship, Vascular Annual Meeting (2013)
- William Beaumont Hospital Vieth Vascular Travel Scholarship, Veith Symposium (2012)
- Charles C. Guthrie Award For Basic Science Research, Annual Meeting of the Midwestern Society of Vascular Surgery (2009)
- Cleveland Vascular Society Research Competition Award Finalist (2009)
- Medtronic Vascular Meeting Travel Scholarship (2008)
- Cleveland Vascular Society Research Competition Award Finalist (2008)
- Adeyemo A, Bannazadeh M, Riggs T, Shellnut J, Barkel D, Wasvary H. Does sedation type affect colonoscopy perforation rates? Dis Colon Rectum 2014;57:110-4.
- Arthurs ZM, Titus J, Bannazadeh M, Eagleton MJ, Srivastava S, Sarac TP, Clair DG. A comparison of endovascular revascularization with traditional therapy for the treatment of acute mesenteric ischemia. J Vasc Surg 2011;53:698-705.
- Bannazadeh M, Adeyemo A, Munoz Y, Jenkins C, Altshuler J, Sakwa M, Brown OW. Aneurysmal degeneration in patients with type B aortic dissection. Ann Vasc Surg 2016;36:121-126.
- Bannazadeh M, Altinel O, Kashyap VS, Sun Z, Clair D, Sarac TP. Patterns of procedure-specific radiation exposure in the endovascular era: impetus for further innovation. J Vasc Surg 2009;49:1520-4.
- Bannazadeh M, Jenkins C, Forsyth A, Kramer J, Aggarwal A, Somerset AE, Bove PG, Long GW. Outcomes for concomitant common iliac artery aneurysms after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 2017;66:1390-7.
- Bannazadeh M, Tadros RO, McKinsey J, Chander R, Marin ML, Faries PL. Contemporary management of type B aortic dissection in the endovascular era. Surg Technol Int 2016;28:214-21.
- Bannazadeh M, Sarac T. Renal artery stenting: efficacy and complications. Cur Hypertens Rev 2009;5:7-12.
- Bannazadeh M, Sarac TP, Bena J, Srivastava S, Ouriel K, Clair D. Reoperative lower extremity revascularization with cadaver vein for limb salvage. Ann Vasc Surg 2009;23:24-31.
- Kashyap VS, Gilani R, Bena JF, Bannazadeh M, Sarac TP. Endovascular therapy for acute limb ischemia. J Vasc Surg 2011;53:340-6.
- Kramer A, Galvagni P, Mertens R, Valdes F, Marine L, Veith F, Zarins C, Bannazadeh M, Clair D, Sarac T. Early clinical results of a tissue (peritoneal) lined stent grafts for superficial femoral artery occlusive disease. Am J Cardiol 2007;100:120L.
- Mir-Madjlessi SH, Soroush ZA, Bannazadeh M, Hossini V, Mohamadnejad M. Photoclinic. Spontaneous dissection of the abdominal aorta. Arch Iran Med 2007;10:118, 124-5.
- Sarac TP, Altinel O, Bannazadeh M, Kashyap V, Lyden S, Clair D. Midterm outcome predictors for lower extremity atherectomy procedures. J Vasc Surg 2008;48:885-90.
- Sarac TP, Bannazadeh M, Rowan AF, Bena J, Srivastava S, Eagleton M, Lyden S, Clair DG, Kashyap V. Comparative predictors of mortality for endovascular and open repair of ruptured infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg 2011;25:461-8.
- Silveira PG , Kramer A, Veith F, Bannazadeh M, Clair D, Sarac T. Technical details and early clinical results of a tissue lined self-expanding stent for superficial femoral artery occlusions. J Vasc Intervent Radiol 2007;18:1416.
- Languages spoken: English, Persian, Arabic