As we build out the specialties of OB/GYN and Emergency Medicine, we’re already looking to the future and working hard to bring more departments into the fold.
Complex challenges require a multidisciplinary effort. By making global health a University-wide mission, we can bring other relevant disciplines to the table and position ourselves to accelerate scientific breakthroughs necessary to address Mozambique’s most pressing issues—and by extension—the world’s.
- Repurpose existing technologies for use in low resource settings
- Develop innovative tools and technologies to meet the unique challenges of Mozambique
- Work collaboratively to implement an open source integrated Electronic Medical Record
- Harness technology to analyze large amounts of critical data, which will be critical to improving population health
- Entrepreneurship to bring sustainable solutions directly to the patients who need them most
- Inquiry and innovation to improve environmental factors tied to health