Salary includes $2,500 resident stipend and $3,026 location stipend. Subject to any changes as may be contractually negotiated.
Additional information is available on the GME Prospective Residents and Fellows Webpage.
Each resident will also receive an annual stipend of $750 for books, academic meetings, conferences or other educational related areas.
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Personal Malpractice
- Medical Health Insurance Benefit Plans
Stony Brook Faculty appointment entitles the resident to faculty privileges at Stony Brook Facilities such as the Health and Fitness Center and discount passes for Stony Brook Cultural events.
On-Site Child Care
- Harriet Lane
- Pediatric Telephone Advice
- All NRP, PALS, ACLS training and materials provided
- AAP Membership with PREP and Pedialink Subscriptions
- Suffolk Pediatric Society Membership
Retreats and Resident Development Programs
- New Intern Orientation
- Annual End-of-Year Categorical Retreat for each Rising Residency Class
- Annual Resident Teaching Retreat
- Annual Med-Peds Retreat
- Meal Money
- Two Lab Coats and Two sets of Scrubs with Laundry Service
- Alpha Pagers, iPhone and iPAD (to keep)
- Call Rooms
- Resident Library accessible 24/7
- Health Sciences Library Book and Journal Access online 24/7 including UpToDate and MDConsult
- Access to the University Gym, pool, weight rooms, racquetball and squash courts for a small fee
- Discount for Staller Center for the Fine Arts (Ballet, Symphonies, Theater, Jazz, Independent Film Festival yearly, wide-screen movies)
- Island Federal Credit Union on-site
- Discounted monthly parking fees ($16/mo)
- Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption Leave