Research Projects & Recent Publications
- Indego Exoskeleton studies
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Stroke
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation in Stroke
- Acupuncture in Stroke
- Acupuncture + E stim in chronic pain
- Electromagnetic stimulation in SCI
- Pediatric Rehabilitation - CIMT
- Blood Flow Restriction Therapy
- COVID-19 and Rehabilitation Outcomes
- Many recent publications and presentations at National & Regional Meetings
Posters accepted for presentation at AAPMR 2021
- Using sTMS to Evaluate Acupuncture Effect on Acute Stroke Patients: Pilot Study
- The Importance and Improvement of Rehabilitation in Chronic Polymyositis.
- Improvement in Lower Extremity Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome Pain with IncobotulinumtoxinA injection.
Presented at AAPM&R 2020
- Time of Admission Impact on Inpatient Rehabilitation Outcomes in Children.
- Functional and physiological assessment of combined transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) and upper extremity training on acute stroke patients.
- Cerebellar Ataxia in a Patient Diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Virus.
- Systemic Nocardiosis: Late Neurologic Complications and considerations in Rehabilitation.
Posters Presented at AAP 2021:
- Multi-Minicore Disease, an insidiously progressive muscular dystrophy.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Supplementary Motor Area Syndrome.
- Visual disturbance after removal of Cerebellar Hemangioblastoma in an acute rehabilitation.
- PKU with Failed Renal Transplant.
- Paraplegia post transforaminal epidural steroid injection with prior compression fracture.
- A multiple-case study exploring the Neuropsychological sequelae of patient recovering from COVID.
- Functional Decline in Patient with Sjorgren-Larssson syndrome during covid-19.
- Brown-Sequard syndrome after a thoracic discectomy.
- Exacerbation off bicipital tendinitis after possible COVID exposure.
- Sciatic Nerve palsy from a right prosthetic hip dislocation.
- COVID-19 and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation: A retrospective analysis of patient functional outcomes, post-infectious complications and their rehabilitation considerations.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy used for the Treatment of Chronic Rectal Pain when Standard Treatments Fail.
- CRPS type 2 after routine antecubital venipuncture.
Presented at AAP/ ISPRM 2020
- Improvement of Chemical Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis Coverage for Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury Patients in an Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Setting
- Successful treatment of hyperhidrosis in a patient with a Thoracic spinal cord injury using lumbar sympathetic neurolysis under fluoroscopic guidance.
- Spinal cord infarct status post arteriovenous malformation rupture
- Spinal cord infarction in a LVAD patient
- The Effect of Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block on Post-traumatic Headaches
- L2 arteriovenous fistula rupture status post epidural spinal injection