All interested candidates must:
- Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be a member of an underrepresented group as defined by the NIH.
- This includes: Individuals from racial and ethnic underrepresented in health-related sciences, which includes the following: Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
- Individuals with disabilities, who are defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, as described in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged backgrounds (Pell Grant eligible)
- Be a biological/biomedical sciences major at Stony Brook University
- Want to pursue a doctoral degree in the biological/biomedical sciencesDemonstrate commitment to pursuing a graduate career in the biomedical sciencesHave a minimum GPA of 3.0