(All conferences held in HSC T16 Room 025 unless otherwise indicated)
Future schedule to be determined at a later date.
Recent Visiting Speakers:
Matthew Wilson, MD, PhD, Vanderbilt University, “Engineering a novel cell therapy for sustained therapeutic protein delivery in vivo” (DOM Research Seminar)
Youhua Liu, PhD, University of Pittsburgh, “Interstitial fibroblasts after kidney injury: Friends or foes?” (DOM Research Seminar)
Marcus Bitzer, MD, University of Michigan, "The Increasing Complexity of MicroRNA Functions in the Kidney" (DOM Research Seminar)
- Rebecca J. Schmidt, DO, FACP, FASN, West Virginia University School of Medicine, "Billing and Payment for Kidney Health Care: Past, Present and Future Influences"
- Jonathan Winston, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Overview and Management of Hyperkalemia"
- Jochen Reiser, MD, PhD, Rush University Medical Center, "Soluble urokinase receptor: risk factor and therapeutic target in kidney diseases"
- Alaa S. Awad, MD, PhD, University of Texas - San Antonio, "Arginase/Nitric Oxide Interaction in Diabetic Nephropathy"
- Alp Ikizler, MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, "Management of Patients with Advanced Kidney Disease: Successes, Failures and Future Targets"
- Ryuji Morizane, MD, PhD, Harvard Medicial School, "Kidney organoids for disease modeling and regenerative medicine"
- Anjay Rastogi, MD, University of California - Los Angeles, "Advancing the management of ADPKD"
- Vivek Bhalla, MD, Stanford University Medical Center, "Diverse nephron cell type-specific adaptation to furosemide revealed by single cell analysis"
- Belinda Jim, MD, FACP, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, "Hypertension in pregnancy"
- Bhasker Chandra Das, PhD, Weill Cornell Medical College, Research seminar guest speaker
- Takashi Hato, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, "Sepsis and Acute kidney injury"
- Madhav Menon, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, Renal Ground Rounds Guest Speaker, "Dichotomous roles of Shroom3 in Tubular cells and Podocytes are motif dependent"
- Rujun Gong, MD, PhD, Brown University School of Medicine, "Therapeutic targeting of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta in kidney disease"
- Sumit Mohan, MD, MPH, Columbia University, "Kidney Transplantation, Discards and the Challenges of Precision Medicine"
- Leah J. Siskind, PhD, University of Louisville, "Understanding Mechanisms of Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity" (DOM Research Conference)
- Joseph Vassalotti, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Blood pressure control in CKD: Adapting guidelines to individualized care"
- Robert Bacallao, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, "Mathematical models of cyst formation in ADPKD insights from computer based modeling" (DOM Research Seminar)
- Rajnish Mehrotra, MD, University of Washington, "Current State of Dialysis Therapies" (DOM Grand Rounds)
- George N. Coritsidis, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Renal Function in the Critically Ill" and "The Undocumented Immigrant and ESRD"
- Leslie Gewin, MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Eliyahu Khankin, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Renal Grand Rounds)
- John Richard Lee, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Anupam Agarwal, MD, The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (DOM grand rounds)
- David Basile, PhD, Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Indiana University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Julie Paik, MD, MPH, Brigham and Women's Hospital (DOM Research Conference)
- Jeffrey Kopp, MD, Chief, Kidney Diseases Branch, NIDDK/NIH, “Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis and the African American predilection for kidney disease”
- Sanja Sever, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, "Multiple roles of dynamin-actin interactions in kidney"
- Jaime Uribarri, MD, Director of Peritoneal Dialysis Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Advances in Peritoneal Dialysis"
- Kumar Sharma, MD, University of California, San Diego, “Novel role of mitochondria in diabetic complications”
- Sumant Chugh, MD, Rush Medical College, “Transcriptional regulation in podocyte disease”
- Michael Ross, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Kidney Injury in HIV positive patients”
- Peter Heeger, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, "An expanded role for complement in transplant rejection"
- Kirk Campbell, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Novel mediators of pedocyte survival in glomerular disease progression”
- Ramon Bonegio, MD, Boston University, "Toll-like receptor pathways promote sterile inflammation in immune complex glomerulonephritis"
- Ali Gharavi, MD, Columbia University, “Genetics of IgA Nephropathy”
- Raymond Townsend, MD, University of Pennsylvania, “HTN in the post-SPRINT Era”
- Stuart Shankland, MD, University of Washington, “Making Sense of Glomerular Diseases”
- David Goldfarb, MD, NYU, “Update on Nephrolithiasis”
- Vishal S. Vaidya, Ph.D. Brigham & Women’s Hospital, "Translational and Mechanistic Biomarkers of Kidney Disease"
- Roy Zent, MD, PhD, Vanderbilt University, "The Glomerular Filtration Barrier"
- Charles Jennette, MD, North Carolina @ Chapel Hill “Overview of Vasculitis: Historical Perspective, Clinical and Pathologic and Pathogenic concepts”
- Ananth Karumanchi, MD, Harvard Medical School, “Pathogenesis of Pre-eclampsia”
- John C. He, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Avi Ma’ayan PhD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai