Sian Piret, PhD, received an award from the UAB-UCSD O’Brien Center for Acute Kidney Injury Research. The title is “Role of proximal tubular Kruppel-like factor 6 (KLF6) in acute injury responses to DNA damage”.
Kathleen Dickman, PhD and her team developed a new, non-invasive urine-based test to detect urothelial cancers of the bladder and upper urinary tract with high sensitivity and selectivity: https://news.stonybrook.edu/news/general/2018-03-30-New-Non-Invasive-Tes....
Rajeev Rohatgi, MD, and his team at the Northport Veterens Affairs have had two recent research publications:
"Telenephrology: Providing Healthcare to Remotely Located Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29558745
"Telenephrology: current perspectives and future directions" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28893419
(All conferences held in HSC T16 Room 025 unless otherwise indicated)
Thursday, February 7, 2019:
8:00 AM - Fellow Cases
8:45 AM - Renal Grand Rounds - Dr. Qadeer
Thursday, February 14, 2019:
8:00 AM - Research Update - Dr. Sian Piret
8:45 AM - Renal Grand Rounds - Guest Speaker - Sumit Mohan, MD, MPH
Thursday, February 21, 2019:
8:00 AM - Journal Club - Dr. Saha
8:45 AM - Renal Grand Rounds - Dr. Nigatu
Wednesday, February 27, 2019:
5:00 PM - Renal Biopsy Conference - Pathology Conference Room, Hospital Level 2
Thursday, February 28, 2019:
8:00 AM - Journal Club - Dr. Kim
8:45 AM - Renal Grand Rounds - Dr. Arbeit - Cardiac MRI Research Update
Recent Visiting Speakers:
- Leah J. Siskind, PhD, University of Louisville, "Understanding Mechanisms of Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity" (DOM Research Conference)
- Joseph Vassalotti, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Blood pressure control in CKD: Adapting guidelines to individualized care"
- Robert Bacallao, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, "Mathematical models of cyst formation in ADPKD insights from computer based modeling" (DOM Research Seminar)
- Rajnish Mehrotra, MD, University of Washington, "Current State of Dialysis Therapies" (DOM Grand Rounds)
- George N. Coritsidis, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Renal Function in the Critically Ill" and "The Undocumented Immigrant and ESRD"
- Leslie Gewin, MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Eliyahu Khankin, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Renal Grand Rounds)
- John Richard Lee, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Anupam Agarwal, MD, The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (DOM grand rounds)
- David Basile, PhD, Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Indiana University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Julie Paik, MD, MPH, Brigham and Women's Hospital (DOM Research Conference)
- Jeffrey Kopp, MD, Chief, Kidney Diseases Branch, NIDDK/NIH, “Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis and the African American predilection for kidney disease”
- Sanja Sever, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, "Multiple roles of dynamin-actin interactions in kidney"
- Jaime Uribarri, MD, Director of Peritoneal Dialysis Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Advances in Peritoneal Dialysis"
- Kumar Sharma, MD, University of California, San Diego, “Novel role of mitochondria in diabetic complications”
- Sumant Chugh, MD, Rush Medical College, “Transcriptional regulation in podocyte disease”
- Michael Ross, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Kidney Injury in HIV positive patients”
- Peter Heeger, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, "An expanded role for complement in transplant rejection"
- Kirk Campbell, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Novel mediators of pedocyte survival in glomerular disease progression”
- Ramon Bonegio, MD, Boston University, "Toll-like receptor pathways promote sterile inflammation in immune complex glomerulonephritis"
- Ali Gharavi, MD, Columbia University, “Genetics of IgA Nephropathy”
- Raymond Townsend, MD, University of Pennsylvania, “HTN in the post-SPRINT Era”
- Stuart Shankland, MD, University of Washington, “Making Sense of Glomerular Diseases”
- David Goldfarb, MD, NYU, “Update on Nephrolithiasis”
- Vishal S. Vaidya, Ph.D. Brigham & Women’s Hospital, "Translational and Mechanistic Biomarkers of Kidney Disease"
- Roy Zent, MD, PhD, Vanderbilt University, "The Glomerular Filtration Barrier"
- Charles Jennette, MD, North Carolina @ Chapel Hill “Overview of Vasculitis: Historical Perspective, Clinical and Pathologic and Pathogenic concepts”
- Ananth Karumanchi, MD, Harvard Medical School, “Pathogenesis of Pre-eclampsia”
- John C. He, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Avi Ma’ayan PhD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai