Publications in 2022:
- Gras-Peña R, Danzl NM, Khosravi-Maharlooei M, Campbell SR, Ruiz AE, Parks CA, Suen Savage WM, Holzl MA, Chatterjee D, Sykes M. Human stem cell-derived thymic epithelial cells enhance human T-cell development in a xenogeneic thymus. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2022 May;149(5):1755-1771.
- Nauman G, Danzl NM, Lee J, Borsotti C, Madley R, Fu J, Hölzl MA, Dahmani A, Dorronsoro Gonzalez A, Chavez É, Campbell SR, Yang S, Satwani P, Liu K, Sykes M. Defects in Long-Term APC Repopulation Ability of Adult Human Bone Marrow Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs) Compared with Fetal Liver HSCs. J Immunol. 2022 Apr 1;208(7):1652-1663.
- Sun S, Annadi RR, Chaudhri I, Munir K, Hajagos J, Saltz J, Hoai M, Mallipattu SK, Moffitt R, Koraishy FM. Short- and Long-Term Recovery after Moderate/Severe AKI in Patients with and without COVID-19. Kidney360. 2021 Nov 29;3(2):242-257. doi: 10.34067/KID.0005342021. eCollection 2022 Feb 24.
- Deer RR, Rock MA, Vasilevsky N, Carmody L, Rando H, Anzalone AJ, Basson MD, Bennett TD, Bergquist T, Boudreau EA, Bramante CT, Byrd JB, Callahan TJ, Chan LE, Chu H, Chute CG, Coleman BD, Davis HE, Gagnier J, Greene CS, Hillegass WB, Kavuluru R, Kimble WD, Koraishy FM, Köhler S, Liang C, Liu F, Liu H, Madhira V, Madlock-Brown CR, Matentzoglu N, Mazzotti DR, McMurry JA, McNair DS, Moffitt RA, Monteith TS, Parker AM, Perry MA, Pfaff E, Reese JT, Saltz J, Schuff RA, Solomonides AE, Solway J, Spratt H, Stein GS, Sule AA, Topaloglu U, Vavougios GD, Wang L, Haendel MA, Robinson PN. Characterizing Long COVID: Deep Phenotype of a Complex Condition. EBioMedicine. 2021 Dec;74:103722. doi: 10.1016/j.ebiom.2021.103722. Epub 2021 Nov 25.
- Koraishy FM, Coca SG, Cohen BE, Scherrer JF, Mann F, Kuan PF, Luft BJ, Clouston S. The Association of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder with longitudinal change in Glomerular Filtration Rate in World Trade Center responders. Psychosom Med. 2021 Jul 7. doi: 10.1097/PSY.0000000000000968. Online ahead of print.
- Bennett TD, Moffitt RA, Hajagos JG, Amor B, Anand A, Bissell MM, Bradwell KR, Bremer C, Byrd JB, Denham A, DeWitt PE, Gabriel D, Garibaldi BT, Girvin AT, Guinney J, Hill EL, Hong SS, Jimenez H, Kavuluru R, Kostka K, Lehmann HP, Levitt E, Mallipattu SK, Manna A, McMurry JA, Morris M, Muschelli J, Neumann AJ, Palchuk MB, Pfaff ER, Qian Z, Qureshi N, Russell S, Spratt H, Walden A, Williams AE, Wooldridge JT, Yoo YJ, Zhang XT, Zhu RL, Austin CP, Saltz JH, Gersing KR, Haendel MA, Chute CG; National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) Consortium. Clinical Characterization and Prediction of Clinical Severity of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among US Adults Using Data From the US National COVID Cohort Collaborative. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Jul 1;4(7):e2116901. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.16901.
- Rando HM, Bennett TD, Byrd JB, Bramante C, Callahan TJ, Chute CG, Davis HE, Deer R, Gagnier J, Koraishy FM, Liu F, McMurry JA, Moffitt RA, Pfaff ER, Reese JT, Relevo R, Robinson PN, Saltz JH, Solomonides A, Sule A, Topaloglu U, Haendel MA. Challenges in defining Long COVID: Striking differences across literature, Electronic Health Records, and patient-reported information. medRxiv. 2021 Mar 26:2021.03.20.21253896. doi: 10.1101/2021.03.20.21253896. Preprint.
Publications in 2021:
- Piret SE*, Attallah AA*, Gu X, Guo Y, Gujarati NA, Henein J, Zollman A, Hato T, Ma’ayan A, Revelo MP, Dickman KG, Chen CH, Shun CT, Rosenquist TA, He JC, Mallipattu SK. Loss of proximal tubular Krüppel-like factor 15 (KLF15) exacerbates kidney injury through loss of fatty acid oxidation. Kidney International (2021) 100: 1250-67. *joint first authors.
- Piret SE, Guo Y, Attallah AA, Horne SJ, Zollman A, Owusu D, Henein J, Sidorenko VS, Revelo MP, Hato T, Ma’ayan A, He JC, Mallipattu SK. Krüppel-like factor 6-mediated loss of BCAA catabolism contributes to kidney injury in mice and humans. PNAS (2021) 118: e2024414118.
- "Monitoring Hospitalized dialysis patients with COVID-19: repurposing baby monitors for patient and staff safety." Kidney Med. 2021 Jan-Feb;3(1):136-138. doi: 10.1016/j.xkme.2020.10.004. Epub 2020 Dec 10.
- “Endotoxemia in Critically ill patients with COVID-19.” https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/518230#. Sobia Khan, Olena Bolotova, Haseena Sahib, Debra Foster, Sandeep Mallipattu
Presentations in 2021:
- Sian E. Piret, Ahmed A. Attallah, Yiqing Guo, Nehaben A. Gujarati, Sandeep K. Mallipattu. Loss of proximal tubular Krüppel-like factor 15 in kidney injury is detrimental through suppression of fatty acid oxidation. American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week 2021, SA-OR16
- Unusual Pathogen Causing Peritonitis in a Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Patient, PUB123, Rula Abdulrahman
- A case of renal amyloidosis (AD) presented as orthostatic hypotension" accepted for publication in ASN's 2022 Abstract Supplement, which will be available via the ASN, Rula Abdulrahman
- Recreation with a Concerning diagnosis (ASN 2021) Sobia Khan, Heesukh Suh
- Association of Endotoxemia with AKI in critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection (ASN 2021) Sobia Khan, Olena Bolotova, Chris R. Gordon, Sandeep Mallipattu
- Circulating Endotoxin levels correlate with kidney and mortality outcomes in critically ill patients (ASN 2021) Chang Kyung Kim, Sobia Khan, Fabliha Fairuz, Sandeep Mallipattu, Sian Piret (ASN 2021)
- An unusual complication of IgG4-related interstitial nephritis as Resistant HTN" (ASN 2022). Hubert Wang MD, Monica P. Revelo MD, Sobia Khan DO
- Use of Polymyxin (PMX) B cartridge in a patient with Acute kidney injury (AKI) and Septic shock" Accepted to be published in ASN's 2022 Abstract Supplement. Sobia Khan DO and Sandeep Mallipattu MD
Publications in 2020:
- Proximal Tubular Transcription Factors in Acute Kidney Injury: Recent Advances - Sian E Piret, Sandeep K Mallipattu
- Cardiac Imaging in Dialysis Patients - Jeff Kott, Nathaniel Reichek, Javed Butler, Leonard Arbeit, Sandeep K. Mallipattu
- Outcomes associated with the use of RAAS Blockade in hospitalized patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection - Imran Chaudhri, Farrukh M. Koraishy, Olena Bolotova, Jeanwoo Yoo, Luis A. Marcos, Erin Taub, Haseena Sahib, Michelle Bloom, Sahar Ahmad, Hal Skopicki and Sandeep K. Mallipattu
- The Role of Podocytes and Podocyte-Associated Biomarkers in Diagnosis and Treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease, Journal of Endocrine Society - Igor Kravets, Sandeep K Mallipattu
- Association of Proteinuria and Hematuria with Acute Kidney Injury and Mortality in Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2020;45(6):1018-1032 - Chaudhri I, Moffitt R, Taub E, Annadi RR, Hoai M, Bolotova O, Yoo J, Dhaliwal S, Sahib H, Daccueil F, Hajagos J, Saltz M, Saltz J, Mallipattu SK, Koraishy FM
- Stony Brook COVID-19 Research Consortium. Geospatial Distribution and Predictors of Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19: A Cohort Study. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2020 Sep 14;7(10):ofaa436
- Prescription patterns of opioids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the first year after living kidney donation: An analysis of U.S. Registry and Pharmacy fill records. Clin Transplant. 2020 Jun 5:e14000 - Vest LS, Sarabu N, Koraishy FM, Nguyen MT, Park M, Lam NN, Schnitzler MA, Axelrod D, Hsu CY, Garg AX, Segev DL, Massie AB, Hess GP, Kasiske BL, Lentine KL
- Telenephrology: An Emerging Platform for Delivering Renal Health Care. Am J Kidney Dis. 2020 Jun 2:S0272-6386(20)30613-2 - Koraishy FM, Rohatgi R.
- Impacts of center and clinical factors in antihypertensive medication use after kidney transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2020 Mar;34(3):e13803 - Koraishy FM, Yamout H, Naik AS, Zhang Z, Schnitzler MA, Ouseph R, Lam NN, Dharnidharka VR, Axelrod D, Hess GP, Segev DL, Kasiske BL, Lentine KL
- Transcriptional Control of Metabolic Pathways in Renal Injury – The National O’Brien Centers Kidney Seminars (NOCKS) (Virtual) - Sian E. Piret, Ph
- Safety, tolerability, and outcomes of losartan use in patients hospitalized with SARS-CoV-2 infection: A feasibility study. Bolotova O, Yoo J, Chaudhri I, Marcos LA, Sahib H, Koraishy FM, Skopicki H, Ahmad S, Mallipattu SK. PLoS One. 2020 Dec 30
American Society of Nephrology (ASN) 2020 Presentations:
- Prospective feasibility study with the use of losartan in COVID-19 (Dr. Olena Bolotova, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu, Dr. Farrukh Koraishy, Ms. Haseena Sahib)
- Association between kidney dysfunction at admission and outcomes in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 (Dr. Olena Bolotova, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu, Dr. Farrukh Koraishy)
- Podocyte-Specific Induction of KLF6 Attenuates Diabetic Kidney Disease in Mice (Dr. Nehaben Gujarati, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
- Rare case of MPO-ANCA positive Polyarteritis Nodosa (Dr. Bhaktidevi Makadia, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
- Outcomes associated with the use of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers in hospitalized patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection (Dr. Olena Bolotova, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu, Dr. Farrukh Koraishy, Ms. Haseena Sahib)
- An Unusual Case of Complement Mediated TMA (Dr. Sobia Khan, Dr. Wilfred Lieberthal)
Accepted to be published in ASN's 2020 Abstract Supplement:
- Starvation Induced Metabolic Acidosis in a COVID-19 Infected Pregnant Patient (Dr. Muhammad Mustafa)|
- Repurposing Baby Monitors in COVID-19 (Dr. Sobia Khan and Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
- AKI with Minimal Pulmonary Pathology in SARS-CoV2 Infection (Dr. Frank Yasnowski and Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi)
- Optimizing On-the-Go Learning Utilizing Short Modules on Topics Related to Nephrology (Dr. Kiran Munir and Dr. Farah Daccueil)
American Society of Nephrology (ASN) 2020 Oral Presentations (Simulive & On Demand):
- Elucidating Pathophysiology of Acute Kidney Injury, October 24, 2020 (On Demand, Dr. Sian Piret)
- Tubular Maladaptive Responses After Injury: New Paradigm in Kidney Fibrosis, Including the Barry M. Brenner, MD, Endowed Lectureship, October 22, 2020 (Simulive 10:30 am-12:30 pm, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu; Moderator)
- Kruppel-Like Factors and DKD, October 24, 2020 (On Demand, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
- Loss of Functional SCO2 Attenuates Diabetic Kidney Disease in db/db Mice, October 24, 2020 (Simulive 5pm-7pm, Dr. Nehaben Gujarati)
Publications in 2019:
- Therapeutic Inhibition of VEGF Signaling and Associated Nephrotoxicities - Chelsea C Estrada 1, Alejandro Maldonado 1, Sandeep K Mallipattu 2 3
- Cellular cholesterol modifies flow-mediated gene expression - Robert L Repetti 1 2, Jennifer Meth 1, Oluwatoni Sonubi 1 2, Daniel Flores 3, Lisa M Satlin 3, Rajeev Rohatgi 1 2
- Cannabis Dependence or Abuse in Kidney Transplantation: Implications for Posttransplant Outcomes - Tarek Alhamad 1, Farrukh M Koraishy 2, Ngan N Lam 3, Sreelatha Katari 1, Abhijit S Naik 4, Mark A Schnitzler 5, Huiling Xiao 5, David A Axelrod 6, Vikas R Dharnidharka 7, Henry Randall 5, Rosemary Ouseph 5, Dorry L Segev 8, Daniel C Brennan 8, Radhika Devraj 9, Bertram L Kasiske 10, Krista L Lentine 2 5
- Targeting STAT3 signaling in kidney disease - Jesse Pace 1, Praharshasai Paladugu 1, Bhaskar Das 2, John C He 2, Sandeep K Mallipattu 1 3
- Mice with a Brd4 Mutation Represent a New Model of Nephrocalcinosis - Caroline M Gorvin, 1, Nellie Y Loh, 1, Michael J Stechman, 1, Sara Falcone, 1 Fadil M Hannan, 1 , 2 Bushra N Ahmad, 1 Sian E Piret, 1 , Anita AC Reed, 1 Jeshmi Jeyabalan, 1 Paul Leo, 3 Mhairi Marshall, 3 Siddharth Sethi, 4 Paul Bass, 5 Ian Roberts, 6 Jeremy Sanderson, 4 Sara Wells, 4 Tertius A Hough, 4 Liz Bentley, 4 Paul T Christie, 1 Michelle M Simon, 4 Ann‐Marie Mallon, 4 Herbert Schulz, 7 , Roger D Cox, 4 Matthew A Brown, 3 Norbert Huebner, 7 Steve D Brown, 4 and Rajesh V Thakker, 1
- Associations of obesity with antidiabetic medication use after living kidney donation: An analysis of linked national registry and pharmacy fill records. Clin Transplant. 2019 Oct;33(10):e13696 - Lentine KL, Koraishy FM, Sarabu N, Naik AS, Lam NN, Garg AX, Axelrod D, Zhang Z, Hess GP, Kasiske BL, Segev DL, Henderson ML, Massie AB, Holscher CM, Schnitzler MA.
- Implications of Frailty for Peritransplant Outcomes in Kidney Transplant Recipients. Curr Transplant Rep. 2019 Mar;6(1):16-25 - Cheng XS, Lentine KL, Koraishy FM, Myers J, Tan JC
- Association of Severity of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder With Inflammation: Using Total White Blood Cell Count as a Marker". Version 2. Chronic Stress (Thousand Oaks). 2019 Jan-Dec;3:2470547019877651 - Koraishy FM, Salas J, Neylan TC, Cohen BE, Schnurr PP, Clouston S, Scherrer JF
- Minimal change disease associated with balsalazide therapy for ulcerative colitis. J Nephropathol. 2019;8(4): e39 - Al-Taee AM , Almaskeen SA, Koraishy FM
ASN Kidney Week 2019 Abstracts Accepted by the American Society of Nephrology
- Denosumab Induced Severe Hypocalcemia and Hyperparathyroidism in a Peritoneal Dialysis Patient (Dr. Akintunde Akinjero)
- Role of AMPK and KLF4 in Determining the Survival of Cisplatin-Treated Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (Dr. Wilfred Lieberthal and Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
- Identification of podocyte secreted proteins that drive parietal epithelial cell proliferation in a murine model of proliferative glomerulopathy (Jesse Pace)
- Proximal tubule-specific KLF6 mediated amino acid metabolism is critical for the progression of kidney injury (Dr. Sian Piret)
- Impact of In-House Dialysis Schedule Change on Hospital Readmission Rate in Hemodialysis Patients (Dr. Abdul Qadeer)
- Human Podocyte Modifies Energy Metabolism during Differentiation (Dr. Jessica Vasquez)
- Chronic Fluid Shear Stress (FSS) Induces ERK Dependent Sodium Transport in Principal Cells (PCs) (Dr. Robert Lawrence, Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi and more)
- Loss of Endothelial Klf4 leads to severe glomerular endothelial injury in aged mice (Dr. Chelsea Estrada, Stephanie Cardona, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu, Dr. Monica Penafiel)
- Health-Related Quality of Life Among Kidney Transplant Patients Using the PROMIS Global Health Scale (Dr. Farrukh Koraishy)
- Use of Opioids and Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs in Living Kidney Donors: Clinical Correlates and Early Outcomes (Dr. Farrukh Koraishy)
- Epidemiology of Pericardial Effusions in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease on Hemodialysis (Dr. Leyla Gasimli-Gamache, Dr. Shilpa Vijayakumar, Dr. Sahar Ahmad, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
Presented at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week: Glomerular and Tubular Origins of Albuminuria
(Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
Publications in 2018:
- Kathleen Dickman, PhD and her team developed a new, non-invasive urine-based test to detect urothelial cancers of the bladder and upper urinary tract with high sensitivity and selectivity.
- Telenephrology: Providing Healthcare to Remotely Located Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi and team at Northport Veterans Affairs Medical Center)