- Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu presented "Glomerular and Tubular Origins of Albuminuria" at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week
The following abstracts were accepted by the American Society of Nephrology and were presented at ASN Kidney Week 2019 in Washington, DC:
- “Denosumab Induced Severe Hypocalcemia and Hyperparathyroidism in a Peritoneal Dialysis Patient” (Dr. Akintunde Akinjero)
- “Role of AMPK and KLF4 in Determining the Survival of Cisplatin-Treated Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells” (Dr. Wilfred Lieberthal and Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu)
- “Identification of podocyte secreted proteins that drive parietal epithelial cell proliferation in a murine model of proliferative glomerulopathy” (Jesse Pace)
- “Proximal tubule-specific KLF6 mediated amino acid metabolism is critical for the progression of kidney injury” (Dr. Sian Piret)
- “Impact of In-House Dialysis Schedule Change on Hospital Readmission Rate in Hemodialysis Patients” (Dr. Abdul Qadeer)
- “Human Podocyte Modifies Energy Metabolism during Differentiation” (Dr. Jessica Vasquez)
- "Chronic Fluid Shear Stress (FSS) Induces ERK Dependent Sodium Transport in Principal Cells (PCs)" (Dr. Robert Lawrence, Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi and more)
- "Loss of Endothelial Klf4 leads to severe glomerular endothelial injury in aged mice" (Dr. Chelsea Estrada, Stephanie Cardona, Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu, Dr. Monica Penafiel)
- "Health-Related Quality of Life Among Kidney Transplant Patients Using the PROMIS Global Health Scale" (Dr. Farrukh Koraishy)
- "Use of Opioids and Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs in Living Kidney Donors: Clinical Correlates and Early Outcomes" (Dr. Farrukh Koraishy)
- "Epidemiology of Pericardial Effusions in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease on Hemodialysis" (Dr. Leyla Gasimli-Gamache, Dr. Shilpa Vijayakumar, Dr. Sahar Ahmad, Dr. Sandeep Malliapattu)
- Sian Piret, PhD, received an award from the UAB-UCSD O’Brien Center for Acute Kidney Injury Research. The title is “Role of proximal tubular Kruppel-like factor 6 (KLF6) in acute injury responses to DNA damage”.
- Dr. Sandeep Mallipattu received prestigious PECASE award in July from the US government; given to outstanding scientists and engineers that show exceptional promise for leadership in science and technology.
- Dr. Chelsea Estrada received Basic Science Research Award in July from Stony Brook Medicine for her outstanding efforts in Nephrology research.
- Dr. Heesuck Suh received Master Clinician Award in June from Stony Brook Medicine for her exemplary clinical skills and dedication to the compassionate care of patients.
- Sandeep K. Mallipattu, MD, Chief of Nephrology, Named 2019 Discovery Prize Finalist.
- Kathleen Dickman, PhD and her team developed a new, non-invasive urine-based test to detect urothelial cancers of the bladder and upper urinary tract with high sensitivity and selectivity.
- Rajeev Rohatgi, MD, and his team at the Northport Veterans Affairs research publication, "Telenephrology: Providing Healthcare to Remotely Located Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease"
- Rajeev Rohatgi, MD, and his team at the Northport Veterans Affairs research publication, "Telenephrology: Current Perspectives and Future Directions"