Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program Highlights
- Stony Brook University Hospital and the Northport Veterans Affairs Hospital are the two main sites for clinical training.
- Stony Brook University Hospital is the only level one trauma and tertiary care hospital on Eastern Long Island.
- We offer a dedicated curriculum specifically designed to promote practical and evidence-based understanding of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, meeting all the requirements of the ACGME for board certification.
- Excellent complement of conferences and lectures including clinical case conferences, ultrasound rounds, simulation exercises, radiology/oncology/pathology conference, journal club, research conference and morbidity and mortality conference
- Newly implemented 2 week orientation course, which includes didactic lectures, ventilator workshops, chest tube, airway and cardiac resuscitation simulation workshops and a 4 day introductory critical care ultrasound course.
- Dedicated full-year faculty-mentored clinical or basic science research in the second of year training at either Stony Brook University Hospital or the Northport Veterans Hospital.
- Opportunities for additional elective rotations in Interventional Bronchoscopy, Advanced Ultrasound, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Surgical Intensive Care Unit/Trauma, Anesthesia, Sleep, Pulmonary Function Testing and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Three year comprehensive longitudinal training in bedside ultrasound and echocardiograph