On this page you can find policies, information, and resources for faculty at the School of Medicine.
- Faculty Senate
- Sabbatical Leaves
- Work-Life Balance and Support Resources
- Stony Brook University Goals and Obligations Guidelines for Tenure-Track/Tenured Faculty
RSOM Individual development plan template
How to use this template:
- First we recommend reviewing the companion Self-Study Questions which are intended to get you thinking about your activities and goals for this next year.
- Armed with your notes from the Self-Study, complete the relevant parts of this template. Begin with your long- and short-term career goals. Then, for each of the subsequent sections, write down your next steps or S.M.A.R.T. action goals that will help you reach your overarching career goals. A S.M.A.R.T. goal is one that is: Specific, Measureable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-bound.
- Be sure to adapt this template to suit your work and organizational style, including:
- Deleting any module that does not apply to you; and
- Adjusting or renaming any columns as needed.
- For each set of activities, comment on any obstacles you see that could impact your ability to accomplish your goals for that section.
- Include plans for the next year, at which time you should review your progress and update your plans for the subsequent year.