The Department's mission is to improve the health and well-being of patients, providers, families, and communities through clinical, educational and research programs that incorporate primary care, nutrition, public health and preventive medicine.
In general terms, we fulfill our mission through activities focused on:
- Providing comprehensive family medicine based primary care utilizing a biopsychosocial focus and the
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) delivery model.
- Providing specialized services in occupational, environmental, travel, life style and integrative style medicine.
- Conducting a broad range of interdisciplinary research.
- Participating in partnerships with communities and institutions to improve the healthcare and health status of populations.
- Conducting extensive educational activities for a diverse group of learners and trainees.
The Department is organized into the following 8 Divisions. Click on the links on the left to view descriptions of each division's focus, activities, programs, and faculty.
- Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Family & CommunityMedicine
- Graduate Medical Education
- Medicine in Society
- Occupational, Environmental & Clinical Preventive Medicine
- Preventive Medicine &Population Health
- Cancer Prevention