- Recent talks and presentations at American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week 2019 in Washington DC:
- “Identification of podocyte secreted proteins that drive parietal epithelial cell proliferation in a murine model of proliferative glomerulopathy” (Jesse Pace)
- “Proximal tubule-specific KLF6 mediated amino acid metabolism is critical for the progression of kidney injury” (Sian Piret)
- “Human Podocyte Modifies Energy Metabolism during Differentiation” (Jessica Vasquez)
- "Loss of Endothelial Klf4 leads to severe glomerular endothelial injury in aged mice" (Chelsea Estrada)
- "Glomerular and Tubular Origins of Albuminuria." (Sandeep K. Mallipattu)
- June 2019: Chelsea Estrada received Basic Science Research Award in July from Stony Brook Medicine for her outstanding efforts in Nephrology research.
- July 2019: Sandeep Mallipattu received prestigious PECASE award in July from the US government; given to outstanding scientists and engineers that show exceptional promise for leadership in science and technology.
Read more here: PECASE
- July 2019: Sian Piret, PhD, received an award from the UAB-UCSD O’Brien Center for Acute Kidney Injury Research. The title is “Role of proximal tubular Kruppel-like factor 6 (KLF6) in acute injury responses to DNA damage”.
- April 2019: Sandeep K. Mallipattu was named 2019 Discovery Prize Finalist.
Read more here: Discovery Prize
- June 2020: Sian Piret, PhD, received the 2020 Joseph V. Bonventre Research Scholar Grant from Kidney Cure.
Read more here: 2020 Joseph V. Bonventre Research Scholar Grant