Fellows receive an academic appointment as Clinical Assistant Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery in the Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University. Stony Brook University Hospital Salary Scale
Stony Brook University Hospital Salary Scale
Salary includes $2,500 resident stipend and $3,026 location stipend.
|Pay Level|| 2018-2019
|PGY 6 (Hand Fellow)||$83,421||$84,979||$86,568||$88,189|
- Each fellow is entitled to three (3) one-week blocks (Monday through Friday) of vacation time.
- Only one (1) fellow may be on leave per week. Each fellow MUST take at least one week of leave prior to February 1st.
- Fellows are required to submit vacation requests in advance.
- All conflicts in scheduling will be resolved by the Program Director.
- When personal business and/or travel, i.e. interviews, must take place during a typical working day, vacation days must be allocated to these endeavors. Requests for this time are to be submitted in advance.
Health insurance and life insurance are available. Malpractice coverage is provided by the hospital.
Hand Fellows will attend the annual American Society for Surgery of the Hand meeting and submit their research project to the New York Society for Surgery of the Hand resident/fellow conference.
Allocation money per GME.
Fellows are responsible for obtaining their own housing.
Follows New York State and ACGME work hour rules. All hand fellow call is from home.