- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- University of Connecticut (2009)
- General Surgery, University of Connecticut
- Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh
Affiliated Specialty Centers
- Reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- Craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery
- Breast reconstruction after cancer
- Breast reduction and augmentation
- Face and neck lifts
- Nose surgery
- Treatment of facial fractures
- Reconstructive surgery for burn patients
- General liposuction and tummy-tuck surgery
- Melanoma surgery
- Gender affirmation surgery
- Life after weight loss
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T19-060
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
- Personal Statement
Plastic surgery is a unique and exciting specialty that unites innovation with classic aesthetic and functional principles. My goal as well as privilege is to use the partnership between my patients and myself to create an individualized plan that achieves their specific goals.
- Robert Warren Painter, MD Memorial Award, Outstanding Resident for Excellence in Academics, Teaching, and Clinical Care, University of Connecticut (2014)
- Charles Polivy, MD Memorial Award ("Role model in clinical accomplishments and educational pursuits and who exemplifies a sincere concern for the provision of quality patient care"), University of Connecticut (2012)
- Outstanding Junior Resident Teacher-of-the-Year Award, University of Connecticut (2012)
- Resident Research Competition Award, Surgery Resident Research Day, University of Connecticut (2011)
- Aiello FA, Gross ER, Krajewski A, Fuller R, Morgan A, Duffy A, Longo W, Kozol R, Chandawarkar R. Post-appendectomy visits to the emergency department within the global period: a target for cost containment. Am J Surg 2010;200:357-62.
- Chandawarkar RY, Ruscher KA, Krajewski A, Garg M, Pfeiffer C, Singh R, Longo WE, Kozol RA, Lesnikoski B, Nadkarni P. Pretraining and posttraining assessment of residents' performance in the fourth accreditation council for graduate medical education competency: patient communication skills. Arch Surg 2011;146:916-21.
- Davidson EH, Barker JC, Egro FM, Krajewski A, Janis JE, Nguyen VT. A national curriculum of fundamental skills for plastic surgery residency: report of the inaugural ACAPS boot camp. Ann Plast Surg 2017;78:121-6.
- Krajewski A, Allen B, Hoss D, Patel C, Chandawarkar RY. Cutaneous myiasis. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2009;62:e383-6.
- Krajewski A, Borch SJ, Khan A, Bhaya M, Chandawarkar RY. Surgical management and reconstruction of sincipital encephalocele presenting in adulthood. Eur J Plast Surg 2009;32:39-45.
- Krajewski A, Chandawarkar RY. Decision-making in limb salvage: a challenge for the orthoplastic team. Tech Orthop 2012;27:250-3.
- Krajewski A, Chandawarkar RY. Pasteur's quadrant: preparing training programs for "use-inspired" surgical research. J Surg Educ 2008;65:283-8.
- Krajewski A, Garg M, Chandawarkar RY. Topical herbal remedies: research opportunities for plastic surgeons. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2010;63:896-905.
- Krajewski A, Garg M, De M, Chandawarkar RY. Phagocytosis: reemerging roles for a primitive function. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009;123:834-47.
- Krajewski A, Rader C, Voytovich A, Longo WE, Kozol RA, Chandawarkar RY. Improving surgical residents' performance on written assessments of cultural competency. J Surg Educ 2008;65:263-9.
- McDonald DD, Goncalves PH, Almario VE, Krajewski AL, Cervera PL, Kaeser DM, Lillvik CA, Sajkowicz TL, Moose PE. Assisting women to learn myocardial infarction symptoms. Public Health Nurs 2006;23:216-23.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (candidate member)