The Department of Surgery is pleased to provide opportunities for people whose lives we touch — from grateful patients and their families to local service organizations and community-minded individuals — who want to invest in our Department in order to help us fulfill our missions of excellence in patient care, education, research, and community service.
At the heart of philanthropy is the desire to "give back" and contribute in a way that makes a difference to people and organizations we hold dear.
A gift to the Department establishes the donor as an active partner in our tradition of excellence. Your gift can be directed to the program of your choice for support:
- Priebe Pediatric Surgery Lectureship: Enables donors to help advance the education of surgeons caring for children, and to honor the founding chief of our pediatric surgery, Dr. Cedric Priebe.
- Simulation Center Fund: Enables donors to help us acquire “virtual reality” simulators needed for our Surgical Skills Simulation Center, which provides training for our residents and faculty in the newest minimally invasive techniques.
- Surgery Research and Education Support: Enables donors to support the Department’s mission of excellence in research and education.
- John J. Ricotta Professorship in Surgery: Enables donors to support this endowed professorship and expand our faculty with a distinguished appointment to further our mission of excellence in patient care, education, and research.
- Lillian and Leonard Schneider Endowed Professor in Trauma Surgery. Read about the Department's first endowed professorship.
- Knapp Swezey Chair in Pediatric Surgery. Read about the Department's second endowed professorship.
There are almost as many ways to give to the Department as there are reasons to give. The power of a gift is tremendous and translates into necessary funding that will further our already remarkable history of excellence.