- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Director, Reconstructive Breast Surgery
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University (1995)
- General Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- Plastic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco
- Breast Surgery/Microsurgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Affiliated Specialty Center
- Reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- Breast reconstruction after cancer
- Breast reduction and augmentation
- Nose surgery
- Treatment of facial fractures
- Reconstructive surgery for burn patients
- Facelift, general liposuction, and tummy-tuck surgery
- Evaluation and surgical management of chronic wounds (skin grafting and soft tissue flap coverage)
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T19-060
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
For patient care information, including insurance participation and practice locations, click here.
- Selected for inclusion in Guide to America's Top Plastic Surgeons published by the Consumers' Research Council of America
- Aliano K, Trostler M, Fromm IM, Dagum A, Khan S, Bui D. A comparison of barbed sutures and standard sutures with regard to wound cosmesis in panniculectomy and reduction mammoplasty patients. Plast Surg Int 2016;2016:7590396.
- Bhatnagar D, Conkling N, Rafailovich M, Phillips BT, Bui DT, Khan SU, Dagum AB. An in vivo analysis of the effect and duration of treatment with botulinum toxin type A using digital image speckle correlation. Skin Res Technol 2013;19:220-9.
- Bui D, Ikeda C. Reconstruction of aplasia cutis congenita (group V) of the trunk in a newborn. Plast Reconstr Surg 2003;111:2119-20.
- Bui DT, Chunilal A, Mehrara BJ, Disa JJ, Alektiar KM, Cordeiro PG. Outcome of split-thickness skin grafts after external beam radiotherapy. Ann Plast Surg 2004;52:551-6; discussion 557.
- Bui DT, Cordeiro PG, Hu QY, Disa JJ, Pusic A, Mehrara BJ. Free flap reexploration: indications, treatment, and outcomes in 1193 free flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007;119:2092-100.
- Bui DT, Mehrara BJ, Disa JJ, Cordeiro PG. Use of liposuction for secondary revision of irradiated and nonirradiated free flaps. Ann Plast Surg 2004;52:541-5.
- Chiu ES, Kraus D, Bui DT, Mehrara BJ, Disa JJ, Bilsky M, Shah JP, Cordeiro PG. Anterior and middle cranial fossa skull base reconstruction using microvascular free tissue techniques: surgical complications and functional outcomes. Ann Plast Surg 2008;60:514-20.
- Conkling N, Bishawi M, Phillips BT, Bui DT, Khan SU, Dagum AB. Subjective rating of cosmetic treatment with botulinum toxin type A: do existing measures demonstrate interobserver validity? Ann Plast Surg 2012;69:350-5.
- Draper LB, Bui DT, Chiu ES, Mehrara BJ, Pusic AL, Cordeiro PG, Disa JJ. Nipple-areola reconstruction following chest-wall irradiation for breast cancer: is it safe? Ann Plast Surg 2005;55:12-5.
- Fourman MS, Gersch RP, Levites HA, Phillips BT, Bui DT. Is there a right way to interpret SPY? Normalization of indocyanine green angiography readings in a burn model. Plast Reconstr Surg 2015;136:128e-30e.
- Fourman MS, Gersch RP, Phillips BT, Nasser A, Rivara A, Verma R, Dagum AB, Rosengart TK, Bui DT. Comparison of laser Doppler and laser-assisted indocyanine green angiography prediction of flap survival in a novel modification of the McFarlane flap. Ann Plast Surg 2015;75:102-7.
- Gersch RP, Fourman MS, Dracea C, Bui DT, Dagum AB. The delay phenomenon: is one surgical delay technique superior? Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2017;5:e1519.
- Gersch RP, Fourman MS, Phillips BT, Nasser A, McClain SA, Khan SU, Dagum AB, Bui DT. AdVEGF-All6A+ preconditioning of murine ischemic skin flaps is comparable to surgical delay. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2015;3:e494.
- Goodwin SJ, McCarthy CM, Pusic AL, Bui D, Howard M, Disa JJ, Cordeiro PG, Mehrara BJ. Complications in smokers after postmastectomy tissue expander/implant breast reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 2005;55:16-20.
- Klein GM, Nasser AE, Phillips BT, Gersch RP, Fourman MS, Lilo SE, Fritz JR, Khan SU, Dagum AB, Bui DT. Is sterile better than aseptic? Comparing the microbiology of acellular dermal matrices. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2016;4:e761.
- Klein GM, Phillips BT, Dagum AB, Bui DT, Khan SU. Infectious loss of tissue expanders in breast reconstruction: are we treating the right organisms? Ann Plast Surg 2017;78:149-52.
- Levites HA, Fourman MS, Phillips BT, Fromm IM, Khan SU, Dagum AB, Bui DT. Modeling fade patterns of nipple areola complex tattoos following breast reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 2014;73 Suppl 2:S153-6.
- Mehrara BJ, Chunilal A, Bui D, Disa JJ, Schattner M, Cordeiro PG. Timing of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement after cervical esophageal reconstruction with free jejunal transfer. Ann Plast Surg 2004;52:578-80.
- Nasser A, Fourman MS, Gersch RP, Phillips BT, Hsi HK, Khan SU, Gelfand MA, Dagum AB, Bui DT. Utilizing indocyanine green dye angiography to detect simulated flap venous congestion in a novel experimental rat model. J Reconstr Microsurg 2015;31:590-6.
- Phillips BT, Bishawi M, Dagum AB, Khan SU, Bui DT. A systematic review of antibiotic use and infection in breast reconstruction: what is the evidence? Plast Reconstr Surg 2013;131:1-13.
- Phillips BT, Fourman MS, Bishawi M, Zegers M, O'Hea BJ, Ganz JC, Huston TL, Dagum AB, Khan SU, Bui DT. Are prophylactic postoperative antibiotics necessary for immediate breast reconstruction? Results of a prospective randomized clinical trial. J Am Coll Surg 2016;222:1116-24.
- Phillips BT, Lanier ST, Conkling N, Wang ED, Dagum AB, Ganz JC, Khan SU, Bui DT. Intraoperative perfusion techniques can accurately predict mastectomy skin flap necrosis in breast reconstruction: results of a prospective trial. Plast Reconstr Surg 2012;129:778e-88e.
- Rodman AJ, Conkling N, Bhatnagar D, Phillips BT, Rafailovich M, Bui DT, Khan SU, Dagum AB. The use of digital image speckle correlation analysis for targeted treatment of upper facial rhytids with botulinum toxin type A [abstract]. Plast Reconstr Surg 2012;130:102.