- Research Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati, India (2007); field, biotechnology
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, NY (2012); field, chemical engineering
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Privo Technologies, LLC, Peabody, MA
- Tissue Engineering
- Cancer Research
- Animal Models of Venous and Arterial Thrombosis
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T19-060
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
- PI, Feldstein Medical Foundation – Awarded $70,000 for a project titled “Developing Tissue-Engineered Human Skin Equivalents for Trauma and Burns, Skin Cancer Reconstruction and Diabetic Wounds” (2022)
- PI, IIS Program Research Grant ($22,500), through Acelity Inc. Awarded 10 VAC FreedomTM Therapy System, for a Pre-Clinical Study (2019)
- PI, Small Grants Program Award, ($15,000) Department of Surgery, Stony Brook Medicine, for a project titled "Tissue Engineering of Vascularized Skin Substitutes by Bioprinting" (2019)
- PI, Small Grants Program Award, Department of Surgery, Stony Brook Medicine, to construct a tissue-engineered vascular graft (2017)
- Co-PI, Targeted Research Opportunity Program Clinical Research Awards ($80,000); project titled "The Role of Wound Vacs in Cancer Recurrence" (2017)
- PI, Targeted Research Opportunity Fusion Award ($80,000), Stony Brook University, to develop hybrid vascular grafts for vascular and reconstructive surgeries (2016)
- MIT Innovation Grant ($155,000), Deshpande Foundation, to develop a tissue-engineering approach coupled with drug delivery for the treatment of oral cancer (2013)
- Juyi Li, Shi Fu, Kimberly W Lu, Olias Christie, Michael T Gozelski, Michael C Cottone, Philip Cottone, Sara Kianian, Kuan-Che Feng, Marcia Simon, Miriam Rafailovich, Alexander B Dagum, Gurtej Singh. Engineering functional skin constructs: A quantitative comparison of three-dimensional bioprinting with traditional methods. Experimental Dermatology 2021; 00:1-12.
- Kailash Kapadia, Jocellie Marquez, Christopher Medrano, Larissa Pamen Donald Groves, Gurtej Singh, Tara Huston. Bilateral Reduction Mammaplasty Facilitates Subsequent Weight Loss in Obese Patients (BMI ≥30). Annals of Plastic Surgery 2021; 87(5):506-508.
- Marquez JE, Zaransky S, Scheiner A, Rathi S, Ikizoglu M, Singh G, Huston TL. Is the Glass-Ceiling Higher Than We Think? Sex Disparity Trends in Physician Executive Positions and Academic Plastic Surgery. Ann Plast Surg 2020; 85:S127-S128.
- Marquez JE, Kapadia K, Ghosh K, Silvestri B, Singh G, Huston TL. Efficacy of Fibrin Sealants in Preventing Seroma Formation in Reduction Mammaplasty: A Single Surgeon's Experience. Ann Plast Surg 2020; 85:S41-S43.
- Gabriel Klein, Gurtej Singh, Marquez, Jocellie Marquez, Matthew Gebre, Robert Barry, Tara L. Huston, Jason C. Ganz, Sami U. Khan, Alexander B. Dagum, Duc T. Bui. Acellular Dermal Matrix Sterility Does It Affect Microbial and Clinical Outcomes Following Implantation for Breast Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery–GO 2019; 7(8): 1-5.
- Gurtej Singh, John Cordero, Brody Wiles, Miltiadis N. Tembelis, Kai-Li Liang, Miriam Rafailovich, Marcia Simon, Sami U. Khan, Duc T. Bui, Alexander B. Dagum. Development of in vitro bioengineered vascular grafts for microsurgery and vascular surgery application. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery–GO 2019; 7(5): 1-6..
- Chandrashekar A, Singh G, Garry J, Sikalas N, Labropoulos N. Mechanical and biochemical role of fibrin within a venous thrombus. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2018;55:417-24.
- Singh G, Klein G, Khan S, Bui D, Dagum A. Development of a novel way to create larger vascular conduits of different biomaterials. Plast Reconstruct Surg Glob Open 2017;5:28-9.
- Singh G, Karande P. Peptide-mediated transdermal drug delivery. In: Dragicevic N, Maibach HI, editors. Percutaneous Penetration Enhancers: Chemical Methods in Penetration Enhancement. Berlin: Springer, 2015: 353-61.
- Lee V, Singh G, Trasatti JP, Bjornsson C, Xu X, Tran TN, Yoo SS, Dai G, Karande P. Design and fabrication of human skin by three-dimensional bioprinting. Tissue Eng Part C Methods 2014;20:473-84.
- Goldberg M, Manzi A, Aydin E, Singh G, Khoshkenar P, Birdi A, LaPorte B, Krauskopf A, Powell G, Chen J, Langer R. Development of a nanoparticle-embedded chitosan sponge for topical and local administration of chemotherapeutic agents. J Nanotechnol Eng Med 2014;5:0409051-11.
- Simmons TJ, Rivet CJ, Singh G, et al. Applications of carbon nanotubes to wound healing biotechnology. In: Nagarajan R, editor. ACS Symposium Series: Nanomaterials for Biomedicine 2012;7:155–74.
- Purama RK, Singh G, Majumder A, Dasu VV, Goyal A. Dextransucrase production by leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-640 in bioreactor: effect of aeration and mathematical modelling. J Appl Biosci Biotech 2008;4:9-14.
- Purama RK, Singh G, Majumder A, Dasu VV, Goyal A. Dextransucrase production from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-640 in batch fermentation. Int J Chem Sci 2007;5:1497-1504.
- Accepted into National Institutes of Health (NIH) Early Career Reviewer (ECR) program (2022)
- Reviewer for Biofabrication, Biomedical Materials, Wound Repair and Regeneration, and Experimental Dermatology journals (2021-Present)
- Guest editor for Journal Visualized Experiments (JoVE) journal (2021-Present)
- Department of Surgery Outstanding Research Award (2021 Virtual Research Presentation)
- NSF Reviewer (2016, 2019, 2020, 2022)
- Outstanding Faculty Service Award, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY (2019)
- Outstanding Oral Presentation, Department of Surgery Research Day, Stony Brook Medicine (2019)
- Outstanding Oral Presentation, Department of Surgery Research Day, Stony Brook Medicine (2016)
- 1 of 50 students selected for 'Journey through Science Day' organiser - NYAS/PepsiCo (2016)
- National Science Foundation Panelist, Graduate Research Fellowship Program (2016)
- Postdoc Travel Award for Travel to ERC + EPSRC Joint Meeting in Brussels, Belgium (2016)
- Second Prize, Poster Competition, Annual Clinic Day, Nassau Surgical Society (2015)
- MIT KI Appreciation Award (2014)
- Rubriq Reviewer (2014)
- Howard P. Isermann Fellowship RPI, Troy, NY (2007)
- IT Carlow Fellowship for Research Internship in Ireland (2006)
- United States Provisional Patent: Serial No. 62/341,138.
- Method of producing autologous vascular vein graft - Gurtej Singh, Gabriel
- Klein, Sami Khan, Duc Bui, Alexander Dagum, May 25, 2016.