- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- University of Texas (2010)
- General Surgery, Stony Brook University
- Phlebology, Stony Brook University
- Vascular Surgery, Stony Brook University
Affiliated Specialty Centers
- All areas of arterial and venous surgery, using both conventional surgical techniques and minimally invasive endovascular techniques
- Lower extremity limb salvage
- Venous conditions including varicose veins and venous insufficiency
- Complex venous disease, including treatment of acute DVT with thrombolysis, pelvic congestion syndrome, and vascular malformations
- Minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins and spider veins
- Hemodialysis access creation and maintenance
Division of Vascular and
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T19-090
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
Patient appointments: 631-638-1670
Academic Office Tel: 631-444-2683
Academic Office Fax: 631-444-8377
- Gasparis A, Kim P, Probeck K, Elitharp D, Labropoulos N. Filter retrieval programs: what's working? Endovasc Today 2016;15:66-8.
- Kim P, Gasparis A, Probeck K, Elitharp D, Tassiopoulos A, Labropoulos N. Accuracy of venous thromboembolism assessment and compliance to prophylaxis. J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord 2015;3:130.
- Kim PS, Bishawi M, Draughn D, Boter M, Gould C, Koziarski J, Bernstein R, Hamilton R. Mechanochemical ablation for symptomatic great saphenous vein reflux: a two-year follow-up. Phlebology 2017;32:43-8.
- Kim PS, Gasparis AP, Probeck K, Elitharp D, Tassiopoulos A, Labropoulos N. Accuracy of venous thromboembolism assessment and compliance to prophylaxis in a tertiary care center. Phlebology 2016;31:541-5.
- Kim PS, Kokkosis A, Gasparis A. Recurrent varicose veins: etiology and management. Handbook of Venous and Lymphatic Disorders: Guidelines of the American Venous Forum. 4th ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2017: 485-92.
- Kim PS, Probeck K, Elitharp D, Shang T, Gasparis AP, Labropoulos N. The staff and patient perspectives on compliance with mechanical prophylaxis for venous thromboembolism. J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord 2018;6:441-8.
- Languages spoken: English, TBA.