- All applications are reviewed for completeness.
- Minimum criteria to be granted an interview includes a complete application, a preferred overall GPA of 3.2 or greater, and an AND verification statement or letter of intent. In addition, applicants’ personal statement (as required by DICAS), letters of recommendations, official transcripts, and work/volunteer experiences will be considered in completing the application review form. The 30 to 35 candidates with the highest scores will be selected for interviews.
- Receipt of payment of Stony Brook University Dietetic Internship Application fee of $25.
- During the interview, interviewers will clarify all aspects of the applicant’s application and pose standard questions approved by the committee. Each interviewer will select a unique set of standard questions to pose to each candidate. The same sub-committee members will interview each candidate. Each interviewer scores all interviews.
- Application packets are scored considering GPA, letters of recommendation, professional writing sample, work/volunteer experience, honors/awards, and other achievements.
- Application and interview scores are combined for a grand total and applicants are ranked by the Admissions Committee.
- Candidates will be notified of acceptance or denial by the computer matching service.
- In addition, the Admission Committee forwards an official letter of acceptance to only those candidates matched to the Stony Brook Dietetic Internship program.
- Those applicants not ranked or not matched will receive notification of status only by D&D Digital Systems.
- Match Day will take place on April 3, 2022 at 6:00 PM Central time.
- Applicants who matched to Stony Brook University must email Sharon Schmidt to confirm his/her seat by April 4, 2022 at 6:00 PM Central time.
- On April 5, 2022 Stony Brook University will consider all applicants who applied to Stony Brook University on DICAS for Fall 2022. Any unmatched applicant who interviewed with Stony Brook University who is interested in either program should email Sharon Schmidt by 5:00 PM EST on April 4, 2022. Applicants should indicate in the email for which program they would like to be considered. Each applicant should review the requirements for the distance program to ensure he/she meets the eligibility requirements. Note that your preceptors cannot be at sites located in Suffolk County.
- On April 6, 2022, beginning at 11:00 AM Central Time, Stony Brook University will begin screening second round applications for its on-site and distance dietetic internship programs. In order to be considered, you must:
Release your DICAS materials to the Stony Brook University Dietetic Internship Program
- Pay the Stony Brook University Dietetic Internship Application Fee, found on our Application Instructions Page
- If you are applying to the Distance Dietetic Internship, please review the requirements of the Program. You will need to create a rotation schedule that must be emailed to Sharon Schmidt. If you are offered a seat in the distance program, the seat will be conditional based on you securing your schedule. You must submit the Preceptor Qualification Form (found on our Forms page) and Preceptor resume/CV for your first rotation via email to Sharon Schmidt by 4/30/22.
- The entire schedule and corresponding Preceptor Qualification Forms and resumes/CV's must be emailed to Sharon Schmidt by 6/1/22.
This material will be reviewed by the Program Director and the Associate Director. Application material will be reviewed on a daily basis, with the following criteria used to select candidates for telephone interviews: GPA (overall GPA > 3.0), work and volunteer experience and personal statement. Based on this information, top candidates will be selected for an interview. After the interview is completed, references will be contacted. Applicants will be invited into our dietetic internship on a rolling admissions basis. Applicants invited for admission will be given 24 hours to accept the offer of admission.