- Clinical Rotations:
- 5 weeks of outpatient rotation at Stony Brook University Hospital
- 11 weeks of nutrition therapy rotation at Stony Brook University Hospital or an affiliated hospital
- 4 weeks of long-term care
- 64 hour longitudinal research rotation
- 5 weeks of public health nutrition rotation including work at Family, Population and Preventive Medicine and WIC.
- 7 weeks of food service rotation including 4 weeks food service management and 3 weeks school food service
- 1 week virtual renal rotation
- 3 week elective rotation
- 61 hours of Orientation and Seminar
- 1 week RD examination review
Upon successful completion of the Dietetic Internship Program, interns are eligible to sit for the registration examination.
Information on becoming a Registered Dietitian in New York State: http://www.nutritioned.org/registered-dietitian-new-york.html
Stony Brook University does not give credit or supervised practice hours for prior learning experience.