Stony Brook Dietetic Internship Program has openings for its onsite program.
Onsite is program-identified sites and begins in September.
- There is a $25 Application fee payable to Stony Brook University for applying to the Dietetic Internship. The fee can be paid through PayPal. Only one fee is collected per applicant, even if applying to both the on-site and distance programs. This fee is separate from any fee charged by DICAS or D&D Digital Systems. To submit the Application fee, please click on link:
If you prefer to mail a payment instead of paying online, please make check or money order payable to "Stony Brook University" and mail to:
Stony Brook Medicine
101 Nicolls Road
HSC Level 3, Room 086
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8036
Attn: Nutrtition Division
- The Stony Brook Dietetic Internship utilizes the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). To apply students should go to http://dicas.liaisoncas.com/
- The application for admissions downloaded, together with all supporting documents, becomes the property of the Department of Family Medicine. No materials will be returned to the applicant. We recommend that you make copies for your own records. The Stony Brook University Health Sciences Center application procedure places responsibility on the applicant for gathering supporting credentials and submitting via the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). In this way, you can be certain that your application, transcripts, personal statements, and letters of recommendation are submitted.
- Please note: if you are applying to the distance program, supplemental forms are required. You will need to complete the Rotation Schedule template and the SBU DI Preceptor Qualification Form (for each preceptor). These forms can be found on the Forms page. These forms should be uploaded as one document as a supplemental form on your DICAS application.
Have questions before you submit your application? Call Lorraine Danowski at 631-444-2467 or Josephine Connolly-Schoonen at 631-444-8246.
All applicants to Dietetic Internships and Pre-professional Practice Programs listed in the instruction booklet from D&D Digital Systems must participate in computer matching. Applicants should request instructions from D&D Digital Systems and prioritize their DI or AP4 preferences from any Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved Didactic Program in Dietetics. There is an approximate fee of $65 for computer matching that is due with the applicant’s prioritized ranking. Address requests to:
D&D Digital Systems
304 Main Street, Suite 301
Ames, IA 50010
Phone (515) 292-0490 | Fax (515) 663-9427
Application Review Process
For the Spring Match: Program faculty will review applications. Qualified applicants may be invited to participate in 3 separate telephone interviews, which will take place in February/March. The program faculty will select 16 on-site interns and 15 distance interns for the 2023-2024 program year.
- The application to the MS in Nutrition is accessible via https://graduateadmissions.stonybrook.edu/apply. Applicants must apply by July 1st. Applicants can use letters of recommendation and personal statement from DICAS.
- GREs are not required
- There is a separate $100 application fee for the MS in Nutrition
COVID Vaccination Requirements
Stony Brook Medicine continues to enforce the applicable New York State Department of Health and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services mandates requiring vaccination against COVID-19 for students, volunteers, faculty and staff in our hospitals and healthcare facilities. The COVID-19 vaccination requirements also cover all students enrolled in our Health Sciences schools. In addition, students enrolled in any program or course or who are participating in a clinical placement or internship held at a third-party location must continue to comply with all health and safety guidelines, including any COVID vaccination or testing protocols that are in place at the third-party site.
If you are offered admission into the onsite Dietetic Internship Program for 2023-2024 and choose to attend, the program registration fee plus comprehensive fees will be due in full by August 1, 2023.
Comprehensive fees for the internship can be found at
Consistent with federal and state guidelines, Stony Brook University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or veterans' status in it educational programs or employment. If you are a student or an employee of Stony Brook University and consider yourself to be a target of discrimination or harassment, you may file a complaint in writing with the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity. If you choose to file a complaint within the University, you do not lose your right to file with an outside enforcement agency such as the State Division of Human Rights, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or the Office of Civil Rights.
Complaints of suspected violations of these policies should be made to:
Director for Title IX and Risk Management
201 Administration Building
Stony Brook, NY 11794-0251