Fees for the 2022-2023 Year:
|DI application fee*||$25|
|DI program fee||$12,750|
|Tuition (by credit)
|anticipated University fees||$385|
|professional liability insurance||$40|
|background check (through CastleBranch)||$130|
|fingerprinting||variable (if required by site)|
|medical clearance (through CastleBranch)||$43|
|physical exam prior to enrollment||variable|
|additional PPD exam||variable|
|drug testing||variable (if required by site)|
|off-campus housing per month||$600 - $1,200|
|travel to SBU twice (hotel and airfare) - for distance DI students||variable|
|verification of student identity - for distance DI students||variable|
* only one Dietetic Internship Application fee is assessed per applicant, regardless if applying to on-site AND distance programs
Fees are subject to change.
Interns are required to show proof of health insurance. If students cannot show proof of insurance, they will be billed by the University. The fees for health insurance are available at https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/studentaffairs/shs/insurance/index.php.
- Interns are responsible for their own transportation to rotations, which may be at University Hospital or as far as 50 miles away from Stony Brook University (for on-site dietetic interns). Each intern must have his/her own transportation.
- Students can apply for alternative loans. You can discuss loan options with the Financial Aid Office located in the Student Union, Suite 208, (631) 632-6840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bursar website: https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/sfs/
- Tuition and fees are subject to change.
FINANCIAL AID - Dietetic Internship
Any questions about financial aid should be directed to Financial Aid in the Student Union by calling 631-632-6840 or by email email@example.com.
SCHOLARSHIPS - Dietetic Internship
Stony Brook University does not offer any scholarships for the Dietetic Internship. There are scholarships through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). You must be a member of AND to apply to these scholarships. The deadline for the application is April 23rd. For more information and the application, visit AND. All questions regarding these scholarships should be directed to AND.
Stony Brook Dietetic Interns who have won scholarships through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
2017-2018: Christina Tursi, Patsyjane O’Malley Memorial Scholarship
2014-2015: Andy Lai, Lenna F. Cooper Memorial Scholarship
Chelsea Ebrus, LTC Jeanne P. Sanford Memorial Scholarship
2013-2014: Christine Kearney, Mead Johnson Nutrition Scholarship
2012-2013: Laura Arrington, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics