- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- St. George’s University (2010)
- General Surgery, Brooklyn Hospital Center
- Trauma/Critical Care, Stony Brook University
Affiliated Specialty Center
- Pre- and post-operative critical care of surgical patients
- Surgical management of injured patients—all aspects of traumatology
- Basic and advanced minimally invasive and laparoscopic surgery
- Management of diseases involving the liver, spleen, upper/lower gastrointestinal systems
- Hernia repairs
- Surgical treatment of benign soft-tissue tumors
- Tracheostomy and tracheotomy
Division of Trauma, Emergency
Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T18-040
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
For patient care information, including insurance participation and practice locations, click here.
- Personal Statement
- Bai S, Liu H, Chen KH, Eksarko P, Perlman H, Moore TL, Pope RM. NF-kappaB-regulated expression of cellular FLIP protects rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts from tumor necrosis factor alpha-mediated apoptosis. Arthritis Rheum 2004;50:3844-55.
- Eksarko P, Nazir S, Kessler E, LeBlanc P, Zeidman M, Asarian AP, Xiao P, Pappas PJ. Duodenal web associated with malrotation and review of literature. J Surg Case Rep 2013;2013:rjt110.
- Liu H, Eksarko P, Temkin V, Haines GK 3rd, Perlman H, Koch AE, Thimmapaya B, Pope RM. Mcl-1 is essential for the survival of synovial fibroblasts in rheumatoid arthritis. J Immunol 2005;175:8337-45.
- Liu H, Huang Q, Shi B, Eksarko P, Temkin V, Pope RM. Regulation of Mcl-1 expression in rheumatoid arthritis synovial macrophages. Arthritis Rheum 2006;54:3174-81.
- Liu H, Shi B, Huang CC, Eksarko P, Pope RM. Transcriptional diversity during monocyte to macrophage differentiation. Immunol Lett 2008;117:70-80.
- Rhew EY, Lee C, Eksarko P, Dyer AR, Tily H, Spies S, Pope RM, Ramsey-Goldman R. Homocysteine, bone mineral density, and fracture risk over 2 years of followup in women with and without systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol 2008;35:230-6.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York