- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Drexel University (2010)
- Otolaryngology, Temple University
- Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital of Michigan
Affiliated Specialty Center
- Airway reconstruction
- Difficult airway management and endoscopy
- Minimally invasive balloon sinuplasty offering relief for chronic sinusitis
- Pediatric sinus surgery
- Pediatric voice disorders
- Hearing loss
- Management of all other diseases of the ear, nose, and throat in children and adolescents
Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T19-068
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
- Personal Statement
I specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the ears, nose, and throat in patients from newborns to age 17. My expertise includes surgical and long-term medical management for the most complex acquired and congenital disorders, including hearing loss and birth defects. As a physician-scientist, my research focuses on airway and pediatric sleep apnea. I believe in working with families and patients to understand their particular needs to provide an individualized approach to care. I also greatly enjoy teaching and mentoring the next generation of ENT physicians.
- Ahmad SM, Chennupati SK, Menkiti 0, Terk A. Multiple epuli in a newborn: a case report. Int J Pediatr Otothinolaryngol Cases 2014;9:75-78.
- Ahmad SM, Garcia F, 5ataloff RT. Cerebellar pontine angle ganglionic hamartoma: case report. Ear Nose Throat J 2010;89:128-31.
- Ahmad SM, Sataloff RT. Asbestos exposure and laryngeal cancer: association? Ear Nose Throat J 2009;88:1140-2.
- Ahmad SM, Soliman AM. Airway obstruction: a rare complication of benign vocal fold polyps. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 2008;117:106-9.
- Ahmad SM, Soliman AM. Congenital anomalies of the larynx. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 2007;40:177-91.
- Andrews G, Lango M, Roger C, Feigenberg 5, Burtness B, Mehra R, Ahmed S, Nicolaou N, Gaughan J, Ridge J. Non-surgical management of oropharyngeal, laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer: the Fox Chase Cancer Center experience. Head Neck 2011;33:1433-40.
- Araki K, Ahmad SM, Li G, Bray DA Jr, Saito K, Wang D, Wirtz, 5reedharan S, O'Malley BW Jr, Li D. Retinoblastoma RB94 enhances radiation treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma . Clin Cancer Res 2008;14:3514-19.
- Lango M, Ende K, Ahmad S, Feigenberg J, Ridge JA. Neck dissection following organ preservation protocols prolongs feeding tube dependence in patients with advanced head and neck cancer. J Clin Onco 2006; ASCO Proc Part I. 24(18S):5525.
- Lango MN, Andrews GA, Ahmad S, Feigenberg S, Tulue M, Gaughan J, Ridge JA. Postradiotherapy neck dissection for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: Pattern of pathologic residual carcinoma and prognosis. Head Neck 2009;31:328-37.
- Lango MN, Egleston B, Ende K, Feigenberg 5, D'Ambrosio DJ, Cohen RB, Ahmad S, Nicolaou N, Ridge JA. Impact of neck dissection on long-term feeding tube dependence in patients with head and neck cancer treated with primary radiation or chemoradiation. Head Neck 2010;32:341-7.
- Pollak N, Azadarmaki R, Ahmad S. Case report: endoscopic tensor tympani and stapedius tenotomy in a patient with middle ear myoclonus. Brit J Med Medic Res 2014;4:3398-3405.
- Pollak N, Azadarmaki R, Ahmad S. Feasibility of endoscopic treatment of middle ear myoclonus: acadaveric study. ISRN Otolaryngol 2014;175268.
- Ro EY, Ahmad SM, Soliman AM. cervical spine osteomyelitis presenting as a pharyngeal mass. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2008;134:1334-7.
- Scharf JL, Ahmad SM, Gaughan JP, Soliman AM5. Thyroidectomy for Grave's disease: a case controlled study. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 2006;115:902-7.
- Shaigany K, Ahmad SM, Jamal N. Laryngeal hemangioma presenting as a laryngocele. Ear Nose Throat J 2017;96:408-11.
- Soliman AM, Ahmad SM, Roy D. The role of aerodigestive tract endoscopy in penetrating neck trauma. Laryngoscope 2014;124(Suppl 7):S1-9.
- Soni RS, Ahmad SM, Chennupati SK. A case of symptomatic Rathke's cleft cyst in an adolescent female. Pediatr Call 2014;11:12-14.
- Wentzel JL, Ahmad SM, Discolo CM, Gillespie MB, Dobbie AM, White DR. Balloon aryngoplasty as a treatment for pediatric laryngeal stenosis: case series and systematic review. Laryngoscope 2014;124:1707-12.