Hindawi Journal of Pathogens research article published, July 2020:
The Burden of Neurocysticercosis at a Single New York Hospital
Congratulations to our fellows, residents and students on their oral/poster presentations accepted at IDWeek 2020TM, October 21-25, 2020.
Catherine Papamanoli, MD
1. Incidence of Bloodstream Infections and Outcomes in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Pneumonia (oral presentation)
2. Effect of Early Administration of Systemic Corticosteroids on Outcomes in Patients with COVID-19 Pneumonia (oral presentation)
3. Title: Incidence of Hospital-Acquired and Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in Patients with Severe COVID 19 on High Flow Oxygen (poster presentation)
4. Title: Corona Virus Disease-19 (COVID-19) in a Veterans Affairs Hospital at Suffolk County, Long Island, New York (poster presentation)
5. Title: Halting a SARS-COV2 Outbreak in a Veterans Affairs Nursing Home (poster presentation).
Matthew Fisher, MD
6. Tocilizumab in the Treatment of Critical COVID-19 Pneumonia (poster presentation)
7. Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacterales Infection in Children: Clinical and Molecular Data from a Prospective Multicenter Cohort Study (poster presentation)
Yamil Michelen, MD
8. A Silent Threat: Seroprevalence of Chagas Disease in Latin Americans Living in Long Island, New York (poster presentation).
Michael Lum, MD
9. The Effect of Coinfection with Babesiosis and Lyme Disease on Novel Biomarkers (poster presentation).
MS Rachel Spector
10 .Comparing Hospital Course in Hospitalized Patients Infected with Babesiosis Versus Patients Coinfected with Lyme Disease and Babesiosis (poster presentation)
MDPI article published June 2020:
Candidiasis and Mechanisms of Antifungal Resistance
Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials, May 2020:
Presence of Borrelia miyamotoi infection in a highly endemic area of Lyme disease
SBU Beyond The Expected Podcast, May 2020:
Coming Back Safe and Strong: Pursuing a Cure
Newsday Live Conversations, May 2020:
SBU, Stony Brook Medicine officials answer questions on antibody tests, plasma trials
Chief of Infectious Disease Launches Local Face Shield Production, Department of Medicine News and Events, April 2020:
Chief of Infectious Disease Launches Local Face Shield Production
The Rheumatologist.org article, April 2020:
2 Patients on Different DMARDs Experience Different COVID-19 Disease Courses
Chief of Infectious Diseases Launches Local Face Shield Production, SBU News, March 2020:
School of Medicine and CEAS Collaborate to Produce Clear-Vu Medical Face Shield