Read about How We Are Leading the Way in Patient Care, Education, and Research
||POST-OP, our semi-annual newsletter, provides an update on all kinds of new developments in our department, plus health news of interest to the Long Island community and beyond:
- LI's First Pancreatic Cancer Center & Pancreatitis Center Are Here at Stony Brook Medicine, with National Pancreas Foundation's "Seal of Approval"
- Our Vascular Services Established at Long Island Community Hospital — Benefitting the South Shore
- Introducing New Faculty: Cardiothoracic Surgeon + Plastic Surgeon + Trauma/General Surgeon
- Helping Girl to Keep Dancing with Novel Reconstructive Rotationplasty Surgery
- Saving Infant Boy Born with Life-Threatening Congenital Abdominal Wall Defect
- Achieving Higher Lung Cancer Survival Rates with Multidisciplinary Care Using Team Approach
- FAQs about Pain Before, During, and After Head and Neck Cancer — How to Gain Control of It
- Plus More!
|"The Stony Brook University Department of Surgery was founded in 1974 following the opening of the School of Medicine, in 1971, under the visionary leadership of Edmund D. Pellegrino, MD, the first dean of medicine and first vice president of health sciences at Stony Brook.… Mark A. Talamini, MD, joined the Department of Surgery as chairman in 2013, the fifth in our history. He is a national leader with a history of surgical innovation." — From "History of Our Department: 1974 to Present"
Read POST-OP online now. To receive a complimentary free subscription to the print edition of POST-OP, please send request with your complete postal mailing address.