WIC on WBLI!!
Women Infants and Children (WIC) - Stony Brook WIC Program is an income-based supplemental food program for pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to 5 years of age. The Stony Brook WIC Program prides itself on offering participant centered services to the families we serve.
WIC participants receive the following:
- Free supplemental food packages that may include: infant formula, baby foods (fruits, vegetables, meat, cereal), milk, yogurt, tofu, cheese, eggs, beans, peanut butter, juice, canned fish, cereal, bread, pasta, rice, tortillas and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Nutrition education for prenatal and postpartum women.
- Nutrition education on how to feed infants and children to support healthy growth and development.
- Help and support with breastfeeding.
- Immunization screening and referrals to health care providers and community resources.
|Stony Brook WIC Services are available at 4 locations:|
Family Medicine Practice Center
Family Service League
Farmingville (inside of KMart)
2280 N. Ocean Avenue
Farmingville, NY 11738
Hours of service:
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Typically the third Monday of the Month the office is open 11:00 AM --7:00 PM (please call your WIC office to confirm)
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Farmingville closed)
- Wednesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Farmingville closed)
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 1 Saturday per month – Please call the office to confirm Saturday hours.
How to get started:
Call any of the WIC offices listed above for an appointment or to be screened for WIC program eligibility. To access forms that may be needed for your WIC appointment, please CLICK HERE.
To find a store that accepts WIC benefits, click here: https://nyswicvendors.com/find-a-wic-store/
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement: https://www.fns.usda.gov/usda-nondiscrimination-statement
WIC Program Director: Lauren G. Brand, MS, RDN, CLC