Elucidating molecular and biophysical mechanisms that regulate hemostasis and thrombosis with emphasis on the development of humanized animal models, new POC technologies, novel pharmacologic agents, and clinical trials focused on critically ill neonates.
Cell signaling with emphasis on the role of class I PI3Ks in regulating adaptive and innate immune responses.
Development and testing of novel blood products for transfusion
US9686971. Methods for testing anti-thrombotic agents.
US11459306. Compounds, compositions, and methods for treating T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
US11260071. Method of preventing systemic-to-pulmonary-artery shunt thrombosis.
Link to PubMed bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/thomas.diacovo.1/bibliography/public/
ESTHER SPEER, MD
Early and delayed neurological effects of newborn sepsis (a murine model of the effects of neonatal sepsis-induced neuroinflammation on neurogenesis and developmental outcome)
Immunomodulatory therapy to improve survival and outcomes of neonatal sepsis in a murine bacterial sepsis model
In vitro human cord blood model as a screening platform for the identification and study of mechanisms of action of candidate neonatal anti-inflammatory agents
Effects of adjunctive pentoxifylline on biomarkers of renal inflammation and injury in neonatal mice with Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus epidermidis sepsis
Effects of perinatal immunomodulatory therapy on immune ontogeny
Link to PubMed bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1HyrspwtpQX/bibliography/public/
CARLY GOMES, MD
- Understanding how early exposure to painful stimuli alters pain processing and associated behaviors at different developmental timepoints
- Understanding how pro-inflammatory processes, including systemic infection, alter pain processing and associated behaviors at different developmental timepoints
Link to PubMed bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1XqTs7sTrtzke/bibliography/public/
ECHEZONA MADUEKWE, MD
- Umbilical cord blood as an alternative to late preterm admission complete blood count
- Predicting the insertion depth of endotracheal tube in neonate using body Landmarks
- Reliability of oxi-pneumogram in the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease in preterm infants
- Hypoglycemia risk score: A valuable clinical tool for assessing the need of dextrose infusion requirements in the management of hypoglycemia in infants of gestational diabetic mothers
- The Accuracy of Ultrasound Estimated Fetal Weight Percentile on Modified Fenton Curve for Birth Weight Estimation and Drug-dosing in Preterm Infants
- Optimizing seizure management & Reduction of phenobarbital use during therapeutic hypothermia in neonatal encephalopathy
- Effect of Neonatal Hypermagnesemia on the timing for first enteral feeds
Link to PubMed bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1vWRwy6t90-gtd/bibliography/public/
ARUNA PAREKH, MD
- Professional communication in the pediatric workplace needs Improvement
- Respiratory phenotypical response to systemic corticosteroids in intubated premature infants
- Maternal stress, recall and perception of their NICU graduate child’s needs
- Assessing knowledge of caregivers on safe sleep practices in Level III NICU
- Impact of neonatal morbidities on high risk clinic follow-up
JENNIFER PYNN, MD
- Chronic Lung Disease Prevention in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: A Quality Improvement Project
1. Unplanned Extubation Prevention Strategies in the NICU
2. An Extubation Readiness Tool to Promote Successful Extubations in the NICU
- Utility of an Outcome Estimator to Predict Severe Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia in Premature Neonates
- Early Changes in Growth Trajectory Z-Scores Predict Growth Outcomes in the Very Low Birth Weight Population
Link to PubMed bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1jkk1dh5bsPAM/bibliography/public/
SHANTHY SRIDHAR, MD
- Maternal Antenatal Corticosteroid Therapy between 30-34 Weeks Gestation and Neonatal Morbidity in Late Preterm Infants
- Are Hematological Indices Useful in Identifying and Treating Near Term and Term Infants with Early Onset Sepsis?
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Neonatal Intensive Care (ASPIN) – Optimizes Antibiotic Use and Minimizes Practice Variation in Level III NICU
- Improving Discharge Head Circumference Percentiles in <1,500gm Infants
Link to PubMed bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1dC7ctjFosQ9jm/bibliography/public/