Jerome Zhengrong Liang, Ph.D.
• Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering, Electric and Computer Engineering, and Computer Science
• Co Director of Research
- Post Doc, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Fellow, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Ph.D. Physics, City University of New York, NY
- B.S. Modern Physics, Lanzhou University, Gansu, China
- 1981, China-US Physics Examination and Application Program (CUSPEA) Winner (Top 25 among 250,000 canidates.)
- 1990, National Institutes of Health (NIH) First Investigator Award
- 1996, American Heart Association (AHA) Established Investigator Award
- 1996, Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Certificate of Merit Award
- 2002, State University of New York Chancellor's Entrepreneur Award "Whose invention has led to the startup of a company to commercialize the product"
- 2007, IEEE Society Fellow, "for contributions to medical image reconstruction and virtual colonoscopy."
- 2011, 2012, SBU, BNL and CSHL Certificate of Excellence in Research and Invention
- 2013, Stony Brook School of Medicine Award, for "Excellence in Translational Research."
- Please click here to see a full list of articles published by Dr. Liang on PubMed.
- Low-dose computed tomography image reconstruction
- Quantitative image reconstruction for single photon emission computed tomography
- High resolution positron emission tomography image reconstruction
- Segmentation of tissue mixtures from multi-spectral magnetic resonance images
- Computer aided detection of abnormality and diagnosis on the detected abnormality
- Development of virtual colonoscopy systems
- Please click here to be redirected to Dr. Liang's Laboratory for Imaging Research and Informatics (IRIS) website
Stony Brook Medicine
Department of Radiology
HSC Level 4, Room 120
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8460