Nashaat Turkman, Ph.D.
•Assistant Professor of Radiology
•Assistant Professor, Stony Brook Cancer Center
•Assistant Professor, (joint faculty), Department of Pharmacology
Post Doc. The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, the University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
Awards and Recognitions:
Dr. Nashaat Turkman is Assistant Professor of Radiology, Assistant Professor at Stony Brook Cancer Center and Assistant Professor, (joint faculty), Department of Pharmacology at Stony Brook Hospital.
2002-2008: Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG)
Professor Nashaat Turkman research interests include:
- Molecular PET imaging of cancer and the central nervous system
- Early detection and profiling of Pancreatic, Breast and Brain cancers by PET imaging
- PET radiotracer development and validation in cell cultures and animal models
- PET radiotracer translation, “bench-to-clinic”
- Personalized medicine
- Drug discovery
- Synthetic organic chemistry
Some of Dr. Turkman’s publications include:
- Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of Staphylococcus aureus Infection Using a Nitro-Prodrug Analogue of 2-[18F]F-p-Amino benzoic Acid. Li Y, Daryaee F, Yoon GE, Noh D, Smith-Jones PM, Si Y, Walker SG, Turkman N, Meimetis L, Tonge PJ. ACS Infect Dis. 2020 Aug 14; 6(8):2249-2259. Doi: 10.1021/acsinfecdis.0c00374. Epub 2020 Jul 31. PMID: 32672928
- Novel late-stage radio synthesis of 5-[18F]-trifluoromethyl-1, 2, 4-oxadiazole (TFMO) containing molecules for PET imaging. Turkman N, Liu D, Pirola I. Sci Rep. 2021 May 21;11(1):10668. Doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-90069-x. PMID: 34021207
- Design, synthesis, biochemical evaluation, radiolabeling and in vivo imaging with high affinity class-IIa histone deacetylase inhibitor for molecular imaging and targeted therapy. Turkman N, Liu D, Pirola I. Eur J Med Chem. 2022 Jan 15; 228:114011. Doi: 10.1016/j.ejmech.2021.114011. Epub 2021 Dec 2. PMID: 34875522
You may access Dr. Turkman's publications here on PubMed.