Wei Zhao, Ph.D.
•Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D. Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 1997
- M.Sc. Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 1993
- B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering, Tsinghua University 1984
- 1985-1989, Honor Student, Tshingua University
- 1990-1991, University of Toronto Open Fellowship
- 1991-1993, Sunnybrook Health Science Center Trust for Medical Research Graduate Studentship
- 1993-1997, Steve Fronyo Studentship, National Cancer Institute of Canda
- 1994, First Prize, Young Investigators Symposium, COMP Annual Meeting
- 1995, Certificate of Merit, Scientific Exhibit, RSNA Annual Meeting
- 1996, Sylvia Fedoruk Prize for "Best Scientific Paper in the Field of Medical Physics in Canada"
- 2000, Runner-up, Sylvia Fedourk Prize
- 2002-2004, Whitaker Investigator, the Whitaker Foundation
- 2004, Promising Inventor Award, The Research Foundation of the State University of New York
- 2013, Poster Award, SPIE Medical Imaging Conference
- 2016, Poster Award, SPIE Medical Imaging Conference
Please click here to see a full list of articles published by Dr. Zhao on PubMed.
- Dr. Wei Zhao's research work in the past has focused on the investigation of amorphous selenium flat-panel detectors for radiography and fluoroscopy. She has also worked on the development of cesium iodide based flat-panel detectors for medical imaging. Her current research interest focuses on the investigation of imaging performance and design optimization for amorphous selenium flat-panel detectors for digital mammography and digital tomosynthesis. Her research work also involves developing advanced detector concepts for improved imaging performance at low dose and high frame rates.
- Please click here to be redirected to Dr. Zhao's Digital Radiological Imaging Laboratory (DRIL) website
Stony Brook Medicine
Department of Radiology
HSC Level 4, Room 120
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8460