Wei Zhao, Ph.D.
•Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D. Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 1997
- M.Sc. Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 1993
- B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering, Tsinghua University 1984
- 1985-1989, Honor Student, Tshingua University
- 1990-1991, University of Toronto Open Fellowship
- 1991-1993, Sunnybrook Health Science Center Trust for Medical Research Graduate Studentship
- 1993-1997, Steve Fronyo Studentship, National Cancer Institute of Canda
- 1994, First Prize, Young Investigators Symposium, COMP Annual Meeting
- 1995, Certificate of Merit, Scientific Exhibit, RSNA Annual Meeting
- 1996, Sylvia Fedoruk Prize for "Best Scientific Paper in the Field of Medical Physics in Canada"
- 2000, Runner-up, Sylvia Fedourk Prize
- 2002-2004, Whitaker Investigator, the Whitaker Foundation
- 2004, Promising Inventor Award, The Research Foundation of the State University of New York
- 2013, Poster Award, SPIE Medical Imaging Conference
- 2016, Poster Award, SPIE Medical Imaging Conference
Please click here to see a full list of articles published by Dr. Zhao on PubMed.
- Dr. Wei Zhao's research work in the past has focused on the investigation of amorphous selenium flat-panel detectors for radiography and fluoroscopy. She has also worked on the development of cesium iodide based flat-panel detectors for medical imaging. Her current research interest focuses on the investigation of imaging performance and design optimization for amorphous selenium flat-panel detectors for digital mammography and digital tomosynthesis. Her research work also involves developing advanced detector concepts for improved imaging performance at low dose and high frame rates.
Stony Brook Medicine
Department of Radiology
HSC Level 4, Room 120
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8460