- Stony Brook University Hospital: Clinical training is provided primarily at the University Hospital on the beautiful suburban campus of Stony Brook Medicine.
- Northport VA Medical Center: Rotations at the VA provide additional experience caring for veterans, with special focus on chronic lung disease, musculoskeletal MRI, and musculoskeletal procedures.
- Stony Brook Advanced Imaging at Stony Brook Road and Commack: Beautiful new outpatient sites that are available as electives to get experience simulating private practice.
- Two daily formal didactic lectures or case presentation conferences are supplemented by a large number of additional interdepartmental conferences, journal club meetings, visiting Grand Rounds speakers, Board Review, etc.
- Residence attendance at conferences is a priority and this time is protected.
- All residents are complimentary members of the Long Island Radiologic Society (LIRS), which holds monthly meetings with nationally known speakers.
- In addition to teaching residents, the department trains medical students and radiology fellows. Residents also have the opportunity to teach physician assistant and radiology technology students. This experience allows our residents to develop into effective teachers and clinicians and, if they so desire, into academicians.