The latest information about SARAS 2022 08-06-22
- Photos and videos from SARAS 2022 are posted!
- SARAS 2022 has ended!
- No On-Campus Housing for 2022-SARAS
- Students must be in high school (must finish at least 9th grade by June 2022) or college to attend SARAS. No need for reference letters or Transcripts
- 2022-SARAS takes place July 11-29
- 2022-SARAS is a morning only In-person program (8:15 AM to 12:00 Noon)
- Students must be fully vaccinated (COVID) to participate in 2022-SARAS
- LIRR commuter chaperoning from Stony Brook Train station will be available
- 2022-SARAS will be held in the MART Auditorium (adjacent to Stony Brook Hospital main building)
- 2022 SARAS program fee is $800 (non-refundable)
What is SARAS?
- Workshops, Lectures, Discussions & Expert's Views on Topics in Biomedical Sciences
- Lab Safety Sessions leading to Certification to Work in a Research Lab
- Exam prep sessions to get ready for SAT/ACT/MCAT
- much, much more!
- SARAS-2021 is featured in Stony Brook News
Annual SARAS was held as an In-person event with 110 students following CDC/NY State/ Stony Brook University/
Medical School/Hospital COVID-19 guidelines July 11-29, 2022
Annual SARAS was held as an In-person event limited to 60 students following CDC/NY State/ Stony Brook University/
Medical School/Hospital COVID-19 guidelines July 5-23, 2021
Group Photo from 2019 - SARAS attended by 120 students
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SARAS?
- SARAS is a 3-week, summer program designed to heighten the awareness of High School and Undergraduate students in many aspects of Biomedical Science. The program has been offered since 2004.
Where is SARAS held?
- SARAS takes place in the Health Sciences Center at Stony Brook University.
What will I learn by attending SARAS?
- What you get out of SARAS depends on the effort you exert.
Read about the experiences of SARAS graduates on the Feedback page.
View photos and videos taken at SARAS over the years and see smiling, inquisitive students!
How can I get more information about SARAS?
Photos and Videos
Here's what SARAS graduates and their families have to say about the program