The latest information about SARAS 2024 - 20th Annual Event
- Reservations open January 25, 2024
- Student and Parent Feedback for SARAS 2023 has been posted below
- If you have questions, please E-mail us.
What is SARAS?
- Workshops, Lectures, Discussions & Expert's Views on Topics in Biomedical Sciences
- Lab Safety Sessions leading to Certification to Work in a Research Lab
- Exam prep sessions to get ready for SAT/ACT/MCAT
- much, much more!
- SARAS-2021 was featured in Stony Brook News
Annual SARAS was held with 140 students July 10-28, 2023
Annual SARAS was held as an In-person event with 110 students following CDC/NY State/ Stony Brook University/
Medical School/Hospital COVID-19 guidelines July 11-29, 2022
Annual SARAS was held as an In-person event limited to 60 students following CDC/NY State/ Stony Brook University/
Medical School/Hospital COVID-19 guidelines July 5-23, 2021
Group Photo from 2019 - SARAS attended by 120 students
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SARAS?
- SARAS is a 3-week, summer program designed to heighten the awareness of High School and Undergraduate students in many aspects of Biomedical Science. The program has been offered since 2004.
Where is SARAS held?
- SARAS takes place in the Health Sciences Center at Stony Brook University.
What will I learn by attending SARAS?
- What you get out of SARAS depends on the effort you exert.
Read about the experiences of SARAS graduates on the Feedback page.
View photos and videos taken at SARAS over the years and see smiling, inquisitive students!
How can I get more information about SARAS?
Photos and Videos
Here's what SARAS graduates and their families have to say about the program