Director: Maria Lagade, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Pediatrics
Associate Professor of Health Sciences
- Anesthesia Technology Interns graduate with a Bachelor degree in Health Science, Anesthesia Technology major in the SHP at SBU.
- AT interns are registered and matriculated in the SHP and the Department of Anesthesiology to learn as Anesthesia Technologists.
- The Post Baccalaureate Anesthesia Technology Clinical Internship program follows the school calendar year from September through June.
- All clinical faculty members are welcome to teach AT interns in the way each one would like to be assisted during the administration of anesthesia.
- In September, AT interns are assigned in general anesthesia cases to learn their anesthesia technologist role. This is followed by subspecialty clinical rotations.
- Each specialty clinical rotation is usually 3-4 weeks. During the first 1-2 days of their new rotation, AT interns observe till they learn and jump in to swim as your Anesthesia Technologist.