- Sindh Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan - Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Internship, Jinnah Medical Center, Karachi, Pakistan
- Post-Graduate Student of Medicine, Medical Unit; Medical Center, Karachi, Pakistan
- Externship in Clinical Research; Department of Nuclear Cardiology, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, NY
- Internship in Surgery; Catholic Medical Center, Jamaica, Queens, New York
- Residency in Anesthesiology; Stony Brook University Medical Center
- Pain Fellowship; Stony Brook University Medical Center
- Pain management & Joint Surgery
- PubMed Search
- Azim S, Nicholson J, Rebecchi MJ, Galbavy W, Feng T, Reinsel R, Volkow ND, Benveniste H, Kaczocha M.
Endocannabinoids and acute pain after total knee arthroplasty.
Pain. 2015 Feb;156(2):341-347
- Nicholson J, Azim S, Rebecchi MJ, Galbavy W, Feng T, Reinsel R, Rizwan S, Fowler CJ, Benveniste H, Kaczocha M.
Leptin Levels Are Negatively Correlated with 2-Arachidonoylglycerol in the Cerebrospinal Fluid of Patients with Osteoarthritis.
PLoS One. 2015 Apr 2;10(4)
- Azim S, Nicholson J, Rebecchi MJ, Galbavy W, Feng T, Rizwan S, Reinsel RA, Kaczocha M, Benveniste H.
Interleukin-6 and leptin levels are associated with preoperative pain severity in patients with osteoarthritis but not with acute pain after total knee arthroplasty.
Knee. 2018 Jan;25(1):25-33.
- Kaczocha M, Azim S, Nicholson J, Rebecchi MJ, Lu Y, Feng T, Romeiser JL, Reinsel R, Rizwan S, Shodhan S, Volkow ND, Benveniste H..
Intrathecal morphine administration reduces postoperative pain and peripheral endocannabinoid levels in total knee arthroplasty patients: a randomized clinical trial..
BMC Anesthesiol. 2018 Feb 27;18(1):27.
- Adrahtas D, Azim S .
74 year old patient with a resting heart rate of 31 presenting for elective surgery: A case report and anesthetic considerations.
- Adrahtas D, Azim S.
Multi-trauma patient with deteriorating mental status in PACU: Isolated Cerebral Fat Embolism.
- Na Javeed S, Azim S.
Cardiac Arrest after Tourniquet Release for Knee Arthroplasty or Anaphylaxis.
- Thalappillil R, Azim S.
Awake fiberoptic intubation in a morbidly obese male with large right submandibular and sublingual abscesses: a comprehensive, multimodal approach.
- Khalili M, Adsumelli R, Azim S.
Coronary Vasospasm: Implications for Treatment of Cardiac Arrest during Anesthesia.
- Thalappillil R, Azim S.
Airway Management in a Septic Morbidly Obese Male with Significant Submandibular and Sublingual Abscesses Presenting for Emergent Oral Surgery: A Comprehensive, Multimodal Approach.
- Wetcher A, Bacon J, Azim S, Beg T.
Pulmonary and Brain Fat Embolism Syndrome.
- Yau G, Azim SA, Steinberg ES.
Atypical Postpartum Headache: PDPH Or Preeclampsia?
- Vojdani R, Khalili M, Adsumelli RS, Azim SA.
Coronary Vasospasm: Implications For Treatment Of Cardiac Arrest During Anesthesia.
- Siddique U, Stemke L, Azim SA. Intraoperative Massive Pulmonary Embolism Causing Bradyasystolic Arrest During Spinal Surgery. ASA 2019
- Siddique U, Azim S, Stemke L. Intraoperative Massive PE Causing Bradyasystolic Arrest During Spinal Surgery. PGA 2019